PDA

View Full Version : secure sites?

what?
08-08-2007, 15:00
if you are in the former blueyonder network and are having problems accessing some secure sites this is due to a national problem at the moment

(it is happening with some non-secure sites as well, but main issue seems to be with secure sites)

if you are having this issue, apply the proxy address, webcache.blueyonder.co.uk
and port 8080 (tools, internet options, connections, lan settings)
and u should be able to get access to these sites.

:tu:

Graham M
08-08-2007, 15:26
Trouble is with using an HTTP proxy for HTTPS traffic is that it becomes a lot less secure

vmtech
08-08-2007, 15:32
dont use it then, its only a temp problem

Toto
08-08-2007, 16:55
Trouble is with using an HTTP proxy for HTTPS traffic is that it becomes a lot less secure

You'll probably find that requests to secure sites via a specified Blueyonder proxy are bypassed, only normal port 80 traffic is routed through the cache server.

It certainly was the case on the ex NTL proxy network.

anim8r_uk
09-08-2007, 12:37
I'm having problems with this too.... cant access Hotmail, bebo, facebook, myspace, MSN etc.... also i cant log onto MSN messenger.

I can however got to other websites... strange one. Hope it gets fixed soon

Toto
09-08-2007, 13:11
I'm having problems with this too.... cant access Hotmail, bebo, facebook, myspace, MSN etc.... also i cant log onto MSN messenger.

I can however got to other websites... strange one. Hope it gets fixed soon

Do you have any cache or proxy servers specified in your browser network connections?

Also, if you're using a firewall, is it Zone Alarm?

anim8r_uk
09-08-2007, 13:25
I formatted my HD last night, so everything should be new. I'm using OpenDNS. No proxy servers. I do have Zone Alarm, but MSN and everything is setup to allow these.

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

Also, my PS3 connection fail this morning (first time ever)... said it was a DNS server error... so changed it to OpenDNS also and it worked..... PC still broken though

Toto
09-08-2007, 13:28
Hmm,so it was possibly VM's DNS servers then.

anim8r_uk
09-08-2007, 13:50
Possibly.... but i still cant access those sites on my PC.... only on my PS3. Its driving me mad..... i wouldnt mind so much if i knew what it was or that it definately wasnt a problem at my end.

Toto
09-08-2007, 13:51
You've got nothing on your PC blocking port 443 have you?

vmtech
09-08-2007, 14:06
are you in Glenrothes, cause we are having routing problems there

LaineY
09-08-2007, 14:13
if you are in the former blueyonder network and are having problems accessing some secure sites this is due to a national problem at the moment

(it is happening with some non-secure sites as well, but main issue seems to be with secure sites)

if you are having this issue, apply the proxy address, webcache.blueyonder.co.uk
and port 8080 (tools, internet options, connections, lan settings)
and u should be able to get access to these sites.

:tu:

There are NO current ISSUES with secure sites or unsecure sites at the moment for that matter...

The only AREA that IS affected is a Routing Issue on the Dundee05 ubr
in scotland which is only affecting a small proportion of customers..

under no circumstances must you be required to use the proxy.. unless there is a routing fault or problems with secure sites.

( You trying to get half the country on a proxy!? )

what?
09-08-2007, 14:17
i have had customers from other areas of the country than glenrothes having issues with this, all i am doing is giving some advice on how to resolve this issue, for people who are having the problems

anim8r_uk
09-08-2007, 16:13
Thanks LaineY.... i am in Dundee..... so i suppose this is the problem? Its stopping me logging onto MSN messenger and viewing various sites like hotmail,facebook,myspace,bebo etc

Cheers

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

Anyone have more info on this? when did the error occure/reported.... how long til it gets fixed?.... i've had these issues for 48 hours now.... and counting

vmtech
09-08-2007, 16:18
was found on the 6th, should of been fixed by now so they must be having issues

anim8r_uk
09-08-2007, 16:23
cool... (or not)... That makes sense.... error reported around the time i started having issues (of the PC kind ;) )

If anyone else is having these problems, please let me know.

it kicks up the erroe code 80072efd and 80048820 on MSN messenger. I've been through all the fixes that are posted for these errors..... no dice. Hoping it is this router problem and it gets fixed soon. My PC has a fresh install of XP so it shouldnt be the machine.