PDA

View Full Version : tech support calls

what?
03-08-2007, 14:02
hey, i cant see this on here anywhere and just thought i shud post it in case any1 isnt aware of it

if you have jut had you're virginmedia broadband installed and are having ANY problems with set up, dont hesitate to contact the tech support team

as soon as u call through with a new installation u will be offered a free callback and be credited for the call upto the point that u hang up the first call. whether it is a pc issue or our issue u will not be charged at all. if it is a first time install and the callback is not offered make sure the call is credited at the end. even if ur pc's at fault.

anyway, if this anywhere in the install issues section feel free to delete this post, but had a quick check through and couldn't see it and thought every1 shud be aware of it

nfs6600
09-08-2007, 21:44
if it is a first time install and the callback is not offered make sure the call is credited at the end. even if ur pc's at fault.

Why should you be credited if its your computer, or your, fault the connection does not work? :confused:

Raistlin
09-08-2007, 21:46
Perhaps all this 'crediting' is the reason that VM keyboards seem to be missing a number of letters ;)

what?
09-08-2007, 21:50
the call is credited regardless because the callback should have been offered before any troubleshooting was done. so if it was a pcissue we wouldn't have known and the cus would have had call back.

nfs6600
09-08-2007, 22:03
the call is credited regardless because the callback should have been offered before any troubleshooting was done. so if it was a pcissue we wouldn't have known and the cus would have had call back.

But surely it is the customers resposibility to ensure that they have a working computer before installation. The installers are just that, installers. They are not Computer engineers. Baffling lol

what?
09-08-2007, 22:19
i no, but we always get customers set up for free

so we should offer a callback, so it shouldn't get to the end of a call with the call needing to be credited, but as the callback should have been offered, if the agent has made the decision to continue the call without offering a callback, then he has to credit

homealone
09-08-2007, 22:58
the call should be free up to the point the agent informs the customer that any further support will be charged - it is the charge you first & maybe give you a refund, later, that worries me ?

- more pressure on the billing system(s) during their merger/upgrade, just what that needed ... not

what?
09-08-2007, 23:54
there isnt any more pressure on the billing systems

its tech support agent that credit the calls. as ul see from the threads in internet services. and its done immediatly after the call. the main point in this thread was really just to let people know that if they have just been installed the agent should offer a callback and if he doesnt they should make sure it get credited or even request a callback

(ecspecially if using a bt or other phoneline)

nfs6600
11-08-2007, 20:04
(ecspecially if using a bt or other phoneline)

Even if using a Virgin landline they are still being charged though. In my view, if it turns out to be the customers fault, be it computer, router etc. Then we should not apply credit. But then one could say that they are a new customer and we need to get them online asap so we can get some cash from them. Saying that just then...I agree with what?. Get the customer online asap, make it an easy painless as possible process to getting up and running.

I take back my previous comments :)

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

- more pressure on the billing system(s) during their merger/upgrade, just what that needed ... not

Plenty of time yet. October...or later for SACMS ;)