PDA

View Full Version : A plea

covlad
01-08-2007, 23:33
Hello all,

As a Coventry City fan for over 20 years, we are in the process of a big situation for our club.

Since early march this year we have been involved in Takoever Talks with a US group called Manhattan Sports

However talks appear to have stalled purely because of greed. The club is 34 million in debt and losing 90K a week. As you may or may not be aware currently where we play at the Ricoh Arena is owned by Coventry City Council.

This appears to be the stumbling block, what i'm saying is on one of the city websites we have set up an online petition to urge the city council to move the takeover process forward

If you are a fan of any football club please sign below at:
http://www.gopetition.com/online/13620.html

Please note i am not the petition author but i am trying to get more support. Our clubs future is in other people's hands, it's either promotion or bust and i don't want that to happen :( , and lastly spread the word on other websites, it hurts to be in this situation but we could be the next Leeds United :cry:

Caff
02-08-2007, 00:41
Know what you mean matey.
I think that Richardson was hugely at fault to sell Highfield Rd. But, he's a businessman :shrug:
Love my club, but can see it becoming as fragile a sport here as the ice hockey :(

Anyhoo - petition signed - I didn't know it existed :tu:

skyblueheroes
02-08-2007, 07:40
Me too.