PDA

View Full Version : Bad news day.

iadom
31-07-2007, 22:29
Purchased my usual Daily Telegraph this morning. On the front page I read, 'Cancer risk from 2 glasses of wine'. Turned the page and read, 'Left handed people more at risk of mental illness', yes I am a lefty. Download Failed (1)

All this time I had been drinking red wine for purely 'medicinal';) purposes, after all we have been told that it reduces the risk of heart disease, is full of anti oxidants etc.

Unfortunately I cannot do anything about the left handedness but as the headline clearly said that 2 glasses of wine are a cancer risk , I have had 4 glasses ATM, and I used my right hand to hold the glass so I reckon I home free. Download Failed (1)
Just to be on the safe side I asked my doctor if I gave up sex and drink would I live longer, he said " no, it will just feel like it". Download Failed (1)

Jim. :beer:

Ramrod
31-07-2007, 22:40
Yep, I read that article about bowel cancer. Eat more broccoli, carrots etc to counteract that.......that's what I'm doing! :D

AntiSilence
31-07-2007, 22:44
Everything we do these days is a risk according to all these researchers. I find it best just to get on with things and enjoy it all.

iadom
31-07-2007, 22:57
Yep, I read that article about bowel cancer. Eat more broccoli, carrots etc to counteract that.......that's what I'm doing! :D
Funny you should say that, as I do almost all the cooking we hardly ever eat processed food. Tonight we had lamb chops, with Maris Piper spuds roasted in olive oil, parsnips, broccoli and carrots. I think that deserves another glass of vino.:D

Jim.

tweetypie/8
31-07-2007, 23:40
Everything we do these days is a risk according to all these researchers. I find it best just to get on with things and enjoy it all.

how true!! enjoy your grub and live long :tu:

AntiSilence
31-07-2007, 23:44
how true!! enjoy your grub and live long :tu:

Lol, I was thinking more of the beer :D

AndrewJ
31-07-2007, 23:56
I heard farting helps reduce crappy ideas.

I think 99% of those article writers need to note that.

Delta Whiskey
01-08-2007, 09:27
I think the worst thing of all is to listen to these researchers, they contradict each other leaving us more confused than ever. 'Everything in moderation' seems to me to be the way to go, with a little excess every now and again of course.

I'm another left hander, when I went to school it was the done thing to force lefties to write the 'proper' way. I was made to sit outside the classroom with other lefties for extra tuition in right handedness. The stress of it gave me a stutter I still have.

Taf
01-08-2007, 10:12
I don't think they do REAL research in science anymore... it's all use of statistics to grab headlines... eg "100% of all babies drink milk to grow!"... and I bet even that is wrong...

Nugget
01-08-2007, 10:22
Purchased my usual Daily Telegraph this morning. On the front page I read, 'Cancer risk from 2 glasses of wine'. Turned the page and read, 'Left handed people more at risk of mental illness', yes I am a lefty. Download Failed (1)

All this time I had been drinking red wine for purely 'medicinal';) purposes, after all we have been told that it reduces the risk of heart disease, is full of anti oxidants etc.

Unfortunately I cannot do anything about the left handedness but as the headline clearly said that 2 glasses of wine are a cancer risk , I have had 4 glasses ATM, and I used my right hand to hold the glass so I reckon I home free. http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif
Just to be on the safe side I asked my doctor if I gave up sex and drink would I live longer, he said " no, it will just feel like it". http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jim. :beer:

So, what you're really saying is that you're a caggy-handed drunk ;)

iadom
01-08-2007, 10:33
So, what you're really saying is that you're a caggy-handed drunk ;)

Thats about the size of it. :p: Funny thing is we keep being told that our diet is very poor and we drink to much, yet statistically we are living longer than ever.:rolleyes:

Jim.

tweetypie/8
01-08-2007, 14:43
I don't think they do REAL research in science anymore... it's all use of statistics to grab headlines... eg "100% of all babies drink milk to grow!"... and I bet even that is wrong...

have to agree with you :tu: when they get really flummoxed they automatically blame it on the fags poor sods :rolleyes:

Delta Whiskey
01-08-2007, 15:41
have to agree with you :tu: when they get really flummoxed they automatically blame it on the fags poor sods :rolleyes:

Would that be a UK fag or an American fag?. ;)