PDA

View Full Version : New installation

BigDrunk
30-07-2007, 14:57
Hi, I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a horror story like some I have read here. I had Virgin Media installed on Saturday morning, and ever since then I continually get the message that my SmartCard is invalid. I'm supposed to be on the Large TV package. I read that this is a problem with the box and card not being paired correctly.

So after being on the phone most of Saturday listening to people talking through scripts, I was told the problem was going to be escalated to level 2, does this mean anything at all? What happens now?

Also the broadband is not working at all either. After reading some of the stories on this site, I really don't want to get sucked into a world of nonsense.
And am seriously tempted to forget the whole thing already. I just don't have time for companies with poor customer service.

Or should I hold out, are the stories I read here a small percentage of the Virgin Experience?

Oh, Hello!!!
:)

MovedGoalPosts
30-07-2007, 15:09
:welcome: to Cable Forum :tu:

Sorry to see you are having problems. Not everyone does, bear in mind that forums such as this usually attract those seeking help, wheras the slent satisfied majority go about their own business.

pairing of smart cards is a continual problem. Level 2 support just means it's got to be dealt with by the backroom staff, and that is true since they need to update a database. Can take a while though for them to get round to it.

When you say the broadband isn't working either presumably you have a modem based service? Have tech support said anything about that?

If you are phoning VM from a non VM phone, or when speaking to broadband support, make sure you get them to credit you for your calls

BigDrunk
30-07-2007, 15:17
I am working away this week so I can wait for them to get onto it, hopefully it'll be soon.

The broadband comes up with weird messages when I try to register the modem. I get all the way through the process and then get a message similar to "Cannot complete registration until installation is complete". Thats not exactly it but its close, I mentioned it to the person on the phone while trying to sort the TV, but he said that I was to ring a different number for broadband. Even though number given to ring is the same as for the TV.

Growl!! I understand teething problems always happen, just takes the shine off things. So who do I moan at to ensure I'm not charged for these services while I can't access everything?