PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Wireless

robburne
30-07-2007, 02:35
Hi,

I receive broadband via my set top box. I have also wirelessly enabled my connection with a router which I have purchased.

I was using an old Pace box and I set the router's config to clone the MAC address of my PC's NIC and everything was working perfectly. However I have just upgraded to a new Samsung SMT-2110C box and now I have no connection.

I first registered my PC with the new STB and I can get broadband with network cable plugged directly from the STB to my PC. However if I plug the STB into the router I have no connection. I am guessing there is nothing that needs to be changed in the router's config since the MAC address has not changed, only the STB has changed and since my PC's NIC has been registered with the new STB the setup should be ready to work!

I have noticed that I now seem to have a static IP (rebooting does not change the IP as it did on the PACE), could this have anything to do with it perhaps? I am not sure if the new box is the reason here or the change over from NTL to Virgin Media?

Any feedback would be appreciated as I am stumped.

Many thanks in advance,

Rob.