PDA

View Full Version : Problems With Netgear 614V7 and Virgin Media

scottsaunders78
29-07-2007, 18:27
Hi,
I have recently completed a firmware update on my netgear router due to some disconnection issues etc, once the update was completed I openned up the netgear control panel and realised that I have to re-setup my virgin media connection. The problem that I have is that when I click on the wizard that detects my connection etc, I get a message telling me that I have a static IP. I dont.. Is there any configuration files etc that I can use to allow my router to talk to my modem again and have my wireless network working again?

Thanks

Scott

Stuart
29-07-2007, 18:45
Hi,
I have recently completed a firmware update on my netgear router due to some disconnection issues etc, once the update was completed I openned up the netgear control panel and realised that I have to re-setup my virgin media connection. The problem that I have is that when I click on the wizard that detects my connection etc, I get a message telling me that I have a static IP. I dont.. Is there any configuration files etc that I can use to allow my router to talk to my modem again and have my wireless network working again?

Thanks

Scott

If you are using a cable modem, you don't need any specific setup. Just ensure you unplug the modem, plug it in and then set the modem for DHCP.

BTW, the router has no way of detecting if you are getting a Static IP from Virgin. It's probably asking if you have one. You don't.

Paul K
29-07-2007, 18:46
I have the same firmware here and it runs without issues. In your manual there is a url to go to that will bypass the wizard. If you don't bypass this you will have problems setting up the connection. Think it was a url ending basicsetting.html, try www.routerlogin.net/basicsetting.htm

scottsaunders78
29-07-2007, 18:49
if you run the connection settings on the netgear control panel it comes back striaght away telling me that I have a static IP address which I am fully aware of I dont ..

BTW thanks Paul - I will try that.