PDA

View Full Version : Sky + locked in stand by mode

kencotgrave
28-07-2007, 18:09
I have just bought a Pioneer 42" plasma tv, when I plugged the Sky + back in, it was locked on stand by, nothing Sky suggested resolved the problem. The 160 box was changed by a Sky engineer and all semed fo be fine. However, after around one hour later, the box went into stand by and it is again locked. Any suggestions? I have heard that there may be a compatibility problem with Pioneer and Sky digital.

MadGamer
28-07-2007, 18:11
Hi
Turn the mains off at the wall, and the wait for a minute, and then turn it back on, and wait for the box to power up.

kencotgrave
28-07-2007, 18:15
Thanks for your response, tried, no joy.

Tezcatlipoca
28-07-2007, 18:16
There's a problem with Pioneer plasmas & Sky HD boxes.

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/content/press/warrantystatement.html

Don't see why there'd be a problem with a Sky+ box though - the issue relates to HDMI & HDCP.

Have you tried powering the box off & on again at the plug? [Leave it off for a few minutes, then turn it back on at the plug, wait 5 mins at least, then try & take it out of standby].

There have been issues with Sky+ & SkyHD boxes since the "Anytime" update... some people have found the box gets stuck in standby... power cycling normally resolves it, while a temp. fix 'till Sky sort the software issue is to turn off "Anytime". Although if you have a 160 that doesn't have Anytime anyway does it?

EDIT: Ah, OK... you've already tried power cycling. How long did you leave it off, & how long did you wait before trying to take it back out of standby?

kencotgrave
28-07-2007, 18:38
It was off for around 20 minutes and I waited around 10 minutes before switching back on. Nothing, I've even tried the software upgrade from Sky and still no joy. Is the Pioneer the cause?

Tezcatlipoca
28-07-2007, 18:41
I don't see how.

The only reported problem with Pioneer plasmas is with SkyHD boxes, due to issues with HDCP (the stupid DRM which HDMI uses).

Sky+ box... no HDMI/HDCP, just normal SCART.

Maybe your Sky box is faulty?

Got another TV you can connect it to to test?

monkey2468
28-07-2007, 21:42
Try powering it up unconnected to a tv.

fizgog
28-07-2007, 21:59
As a last resort you could try a factory reset, but you will lose everything on the HD.

(The following is taken from satellites.co.uk)

Switch off at the mains
Holding Left and Right navigation buttons, switch power on and hold for about 30 seconds until Green play light comes on
Press 'Select'
The 'play-light' will then rotate clockwise while the resetting procedure takes place. This may take up to 3 minutes. (this timing could vary if there are no programmes stored in the hard drive)
It then reverts to 'Standby'
Leave the machine for 2 minutes while hard drive reformats.