PDA

View Full Version : What service could Y Possibly be on?

Sirpingalot
27-07-2007, 15:25
I took my Xbox 360 around to a friend's house the other night and went to hook it up to his Virgin Media broadband only to discover that he didn't have a modem (The 360 wouldn't work online) rather just a long line of cable leading from the wall to his main computer; it worked with his computer fine.

His Bill stated that he was on 1mb broadband (downloads confirmed a steady 1mb) and yet he was being charged £18 pm, which is the price for 2mb broadband. My question is, Just how could he have been online without a modem and why hadn't virgin upgraded him previously?

what?
27-07-2007, 15:29
good chance he was using a set top box to connect

the set top boz only takes 1mb conn which is why hed b paying the same price as 2mb customers with cable modems.

if he wants he can call cus services and get an upgrade to a modem, obv then he would have to buy his own wireless equipment, as they would request the netgear equip he has for his stb back when connecting the modem

(im pretty sure the upgrade is free tho)

Sirpingalot
27-07-2007, 15:40
Yeah, he phoned up a few minutes ago..he's getting it sorted on the 4th August I belive. I was just interested to see, thanks anyway.

what?
27-07-2007, 15:44
np