PDA

View Full Version : actually i'm happy with VM

bigcats30
26-07-2007, 23:34
I'm probably gonna regret this but i'm happy with VM

other than their TV service which is pants

my internet has been brill...apart from once and they came and fixed it

during daylight hours i got upto 17meg and evening about 9 meg (using giganews)

most of it depends n the site i go to

but overall i'm happy

i live just outside amesbury down near salisbury where pretty much most people are cable

xpod
26-07-2007, 23:44
Did`nt you know?.......everybody heres actually happy with VM too;)

EDIT:
Amesbury, known variously in history as Ambrosbury, Ambresbury and Amblesberie is at the centre of a population of approximately 28000

The Amesbury Society Membership Number 344

You are visitor No 66729....
The towns(hamlets:)) homepage has had more visitors than the actual population it seems so it`s not suprising your getting your full 20Mb quota...lol

London sucks though

Rik
27-07-2007, 08:45
Long Live VM!

My TV service is fab, now ive got Setanta for free as well its even better.

PS My VOD has always worked which helps I suppose :)

Agent47
27-07-2007, 09:12
Long Live VM!

My TV service is fab, now ive got Setanta for free as well its even better.

PS My VOD has always worked which helps I suppose :)

Long Live VM aye right sooner they go bust the better,

Graham M
27-07-2007, 09:42
Go back to trolling SteamPowered.net, thankyou please.

slowcoach
27-07-2007, 10:02
Testing earlier this morning and getting full whack from Canada, Brazil, Croatia, Romania, Poland, Australia, UK and Holland, with just one connection, in fact I get more stability using just one connection and only use more when servers are busy.
In all the years I have been connected, until the 20 Meg upgrade came along, I have never ever been able to get full speeds from far flung places, usually they tended to be pathetic speeds no matter what time of day or night.

Something else must have been improved apart from just the speed upgrade.

jcw00
27-07-2007, 10:19
Rock steady connection for me, and now at 20Meg.

tweetypie/8
27-07-2007, 12:37

you are sad man :disturbd:

Sirpingalot
27-07-2007, 15:19
Meh..downloads running at around 17Mb/s Maximum at the moment..which is pretty good

Safeman
27-07-2007, 16:54
Long Live VM aye right sooner they go bust the better, :omg:

zing_deleted
27-07-2007, 17:04

but overall i'm happy

i live just outside amesbury down near salisbury where pretty much most people are cable

me to thanks for positive post on the subject :)

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

you need to vote with your feet that is if your still a customer and find something more constructive to do with your time

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

:omg:

as above

bigdave001
27-07-2007, 19:21

but overall i'm happy

you must be the only one.

vmtech
27-07-2007, 19:49
very happy getting my full 20mb connection

Sirpingalot
27-07-2007, 20:04
I will quote a speedtest site result ONLY because it's given me good results and when they give you good results they can generally be trusted (mentioned somewhere else)

Absolutely fantastic connection - http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=1185563002&v=1932847

what?
27-07-2007, 20:18
i love my vm bb
never ahd a problem with it in my years with them (starting ntl)
connection has only ever dropped once, rebooted and it was on
wayhey!!

bigcats30
27-07-2007, 21:42
Some proper sad people on here isn't there.....make a simple comment about being happy and people take the ****....is it because YOUR not happy....and amesbury is ****e i know, i'm from the midlands...but i still get a better service than YOUUUUUUUU so blow me!!!

vmtech
27-07-2007, 21:45
lol nice 1 bigcats30

bigcats30
27-07-2007, 21:46
lol nice 1 bigcats30

Cheers dude;)

on in an hour!
27-07-2007, 21:53
Some proper sad people on here isn't there.....make a simple comment about being happy and people take the ****....is it because YOUR not happy....and amesbury is ****e i know, i'm from the midlands...but i still get a better service than YOUUUUUUUU so blow me!!!
all power to your elbow there kid,and i most heartedly agree.apart from the slow speed issue up here in the N/W i have nothing to moan about as far as my service is concerned,indeed,i think the setanta (prem plus type) deal is a pure kick in the dick for sky and a big F**K U to young mr murdoch,who,lets face it,doesnt make a move without the big mans say so,get a life juniour,come out of your fathers shadow,let go of the apron strings and buy some shares in the new revolution (i dont mean ITV by the way) :D

bigcats30
27-07-2007, 21:56
and just to pee off those sad people that moan at me for being happy.....its now 2150 and my download speed is just short of 17meg (i'm only on 10meg)

what?
27-07-2007, 21:56
i think this is the most positive vm thread EVER!!!
wow!!

i feel so proud to b part of it :P

vmtech
27-07-2007, 22:00
emm.. bigcats30 everybody who was on 10mb was upgraded to 20mb so your actually on 20mb jst now

on in an hour!
27-07-2007, 22:04
and just to pee off those sad people that moan at me for being happy.....its now 2150 and my download speed is just short of 17meg (i'm only on 10meg)
methinks if you check 192.168.100.1 (root/root) check operational config you will see maximum downstream rate: 20480000 which would mean youre on 20meg,according to VM website all 10meg subs have been upgraded to 20meg,sorry to burst your bubble palski:(

vmtech
27-07-2007, 22:12
yeah its almost complete there 2 areas left a think to be upgraded

xpod
27-07-2007, 22:13

So`s London mate.....i`m Scottish.;)
I`m sorry if my attempt at humour was taken the wrong way but it really was`nt meant as a dig at your good speeds ......or your Hometown.

I have a good service too as far as i`m concerned btw but again my apoligies for the facetiousness ok.

I quite agree with your above post if truth be told:)

EDIT:the first part anyway:)

MrChef
27-07-2007, 22:21
I have had issues with Virgin in the past but things are working fine now and i am sticking with them,as soon as PC Guard is Vista compatable I will be reinstalling that as well and uninstalling Norton

vmtech
27-07-2007, 22:23
well as soon as its ready a will let u know but tbh would really use it cause to be fair its sh*t
and you can get it on vista if you upgrade for xp cause its only the installer thats the problem

MrChef
27-07-2007, 23:16
So as a Virgin employee you are telling me I would be better sticking with Norton rather than Virgins PC Guard?

bigcats30
28-07-2007, 11:01
So as a Virgin employee you are telling me I would be better sticking with Norton rather than Virgins PC Guard?

of course its ****e its from virgin!! use AGV thats free and bloody good AND doesn't slow your system down like norton

mrmistoffelees
28-07-2007, 11:28
of course its ****e its from virgin!! use AGV thats free and bloody good AND doesn't slow your system down like norton

Well said, Norton is the biggest piece of bloatware masquerading as an application that I have ever seen !!

[pedant mode on] Its AVG not AGV [/pedant mode off] and either AGV or Avast is perfectly suitable for home use.

I

xpod
28-07-2007, 11:42

Here i go agreeing with you again.;)
I cant believe anyone who knows at least a little about what their doing would ever use crap like norton etc.
NTL`s Netguard, as it was at the time last year was certainly no better..... as bad as Broadband Medic if i remember correctly

Useless Resource hogging rubbish......IMHO!!
Theres much better freeware apps out there to get the job done if you ask me.

IF you really need them that is:)

martyoo7
28-07-2007, 13:50
I have been with them for yonkers!!! Never had a problem at all.I do work for them though. WAAHHHAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!

vmtech
28-07-2007, 14:22
emm its not from virgin its made by a 3rd party for virgin custs and yes dont use it use AVG

xpod
28-07-2007, 15:26
I use Avast on the Windows setup we have but AVG would certainly be next on the list of options......for the virus side of things anyway.

Of course, it`s a just wee bit harder for viruses with my number one option.
http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/evilmalware.html

bigcats30
28-07-2007, 16:52
Well said, Norton is the biggest piece of bloatware masquerading as an application that I have ever seen !!

[pedant mode on] Its AVG not AGV [/pedant mode off] and either AGV or Avast is perfectly suitable for home use.

I

thank you for correcting me ;)

mrmistoffelees
28-07-2007, 17:45
thank you for correcting me ;)

Welcome ;)

And yes, i cocked it up as well ;)