PDA

View Full Version : There are some who love the rain!

Tinky
26-07-2007, 18:37
Hard to believe I know, my budgies love rain, come the sun they disappear indoors.

WHISTLED
26-07-2007, 21:20
I like the rain - just not when im driving

NoKnowledge
27-07-2007, 03:21
Not just the rain but the cold weather - I love it, I'm glad the 'summer' never took place this summer.

I have a built in radiator or either I'm nuclear.

joglynne
30-07-2007, 20:27
I love the sound of the rain against my window when I'm in my workroom, but I hate it when it rains really hard and I'm sat in the conservatory. The sound then is deafening.

greencreeper
30-07-2007, 22:32
How many do you have, Tinky? How long have you kept birds?

Tinky
31-07-2007, 19:47
How many do you have, Tinky? How long have you kept birds?

I have only three left gc, used to have around 30, some of which I bred myself. The 3 I have left are now 8 years old and from the same parents, they can live as long as a dog i.e.15 years. One of them is deformed, I call her Precious, she has a bad foot that can't hold on to the spars, so to rest she actually sleeps lying down on her stomach, but she is such a gutsy little bird, and has managed to adapt extremely well. I didn't have the heart to put her down when she was born. She is the blue one.

lauzjp
31-07-2007, 19:55
they are pretty. especially the blue one! :)

greencreeper
31-07-2007, 20:04
I have only three left gc, used to have around 30, some of which I bred myself. The 3 I have left are now 8 years old and from the same parents, they can live as long as a dog i.e.15 years. One of them is deformed, I call her Precious, she has a bad foot that can't hold on to the spars, so to rest she actually sleeps lying down on her stomach, but she is such a gutsy little bird, and has managed to adapt extremely well. I didn't have the heart to put her down when she was born. She is the blue one.
They do take a bit of looking after - keeping them clean and cared for. My dad breeds canaries and one or two species of British birds. Used to have Zebra finches when I was a kid. He's scaling down the number he has - mostly due to his age (not as fit as he was!). I've seen the sort of foot deformity you mention - I think it's genetic. It does stop them perching properly. They wouldn't survive in the wild but that's no reason not to let them live in captivity, so long as they're happy, which Precious sounds as if she is :) Sleeping on her stomach - bless :D My dad is a softy for the weaklings - has hand-raised a few, which takes some doing. I remember one baby canary, all pink and fluff, wanting a feed and my dad was out. I gave it a go but it's like a game - have to time it right (squeezing the syringe of feed as the beak opens), otherwise you miss and it goes everywhere :D

they are pretty. especially the blue one! :)
Even more so under a UV light - they have cheek patches. It's all part of the mating game - complex as ever :)

Tinky
31-07-2007, 20:13
I'm a big old softy myself, these bird have not only given me a great deal of pleasure, but also a lot of heartache, especially when you think the chicks are doing well, and the next morning you find them dead in the nest. Or when you go in their shed and find one dead on the floor, the tears, silly I know. They do take a bit of looking after, but they are cheap to feed, and I love to hear them chirping away.

Barewolf
23-09-2007, 20:45
My cat loves this thread :D

Delta Whiskey
23-09-2007, 21:05
My cat loves this thread :D

I tawt I saw a putty cat...

Tinky
24-09-2007, 07:50
We have had plenty of cats trying to get at the birds, also a couple of hawks!

Jules
24-09-2007, 09:22
The one on the left looks just like the one we have just lost

Tinky
24-09-2007, 09:33
The one on the left looks just like the one we have just lost

Awe! sorry to hear that Jules, how old was he/she? :sorry:

The one on the left is called Arnie, originally Annie when we thought he was a she. Beautiful colouring , white with pale turquoise. He is Precious's beau. ;)

Barewolf
24-09-2007, 12:34
:PP:

Tinky my cat had this to say earlier......................

Tinky
24-09-2007, 18:54

Barewolf your cat would have to get past him first!

Barewolf
24-09-2007, 19:11
Thats ok Tinky, She beats up the Alstation x Rotty we have good and propper

Tinky
25-09-2007, 09:24

Little tiger! Why can't your cat have chips like everyone else lol?

Barewolf
25-09-2007, 10:29
She eats anything trust me lol. Her fave at the moment is crunchy blue bottles

Tinky
25-09-2007, 10:35
She eats anything trust me lol. Her fave at the moment is crunchy blue bottles

Blue bottles and fish! :sick:

Barewolf
25-09-2007, 11:23
And Spiders