PDA

View Full Version : looking for....

darkrage
26-07-2007, 14:50
hi im in need of a cable engineer to fit a line to upstairs only problem is it has to be sent from the box into the attic then down into bedroom - this is for cable dsl

does anyone on here know of a person who can do this in the ellesmere port area?

any help or pointing n the right direction will be appreciated

i currently am using a wireless network but the packet loss over the network is really bad hence why i need a wired solution

hope you can help

xspeedyx
26-07-2007, 14:52
call customer care 150 £75 call out fee

chickendippers
26-07-2007, 15:09
If you want to move your Virgin Media connection, or add an extension you will have to do as darthlinux suggested and pay for an engineer to do it for you.

An easier option would be to just buy a wired router and run some RJ45's around the house yourself.

vmtech
26-07-2007, 15:27
yeah thats what you have to do, ano £75 is alot but its better than doing it your self and not being able to get support if it breaks cause av had a guy do that before take all out cables out and bin them then moan at us when he had problem and we couldnt do anything because we cant touch other peoples equipment

darkrage
29-07-2007, 13:43
thx for the info will call an engineer out.

is this possible tho - split signal at main box (1 into 2) then take line upstairs and then put a splitter on upstairs to seperate bb and tv?

if you say this is possible then i will call an engineer as soon as.

piggy
29-07-2007, 14:21
thx for the info will call an engineer out.

is this possible tho - split signal at main box (1 into 2) then take line upstairs and then put a splitter on upstairs to seperate bb and tv?

if you say this is possible then i will call an engineer as soon as.

if youve got a sacm aswell as a stb then yes your fine

darkrage
07-08-2007, 19:51
ok well i have 2 boxes - a brown one out side and a white box inside - can split from the white box due to cables routing behind my skirting board so im looking to split inside the brown box and run a new cable up into my attic the down into the bedroom - i have a spare 15 mtr cable but dont have the splitters would need a 1 into 2 split then a broadband splitter.

got an engineer coming on tuesday next week. if he dont want to mess in the attic i dont mind doing that bit just as long he waits and then tests the line once its done.

largo
21-08-2007, 22:16
Hi, If you havent got this sorted yet, a good idea is to use a Homeplug AV, they are amazing and cost between 40 and 60 GBP.
Paul..