PDA

View Full Version : Invalid Account Information

stevebutt
26-07-2007, 14:35
Hi i am a 4mb VM customer and have always been pleased with the service. Years ago when i had my modem installed, they got it up and running for me so all i had to do was plug my pc in.

Well i recommended VM broadband to my sister in law and duly helped her purchase a laptop (running Vista Basic)

Her 2mb BB modem was put in yesterday but they left her a disc. This disc didn't work so they pointed me towards the registration website but it comes up invalid account details.

Spoke to Tech Support in India and they tried to help but ultimately couldn't so they told me to call CS who after a ten minute hold told me to speak to Technical Support again and told me they couldn't help me at all.

Anyway, i'm going to try it again tonight as i've read on here that a jobsheet needs completion at VM's end, do you reckon it might work??

eth01
26-07-2007, 14:38
Contact Technical Support again... By all means try again later tonight though (May have been a problem with the registration database!)

what?
26-07-2007, 14:52
call tech support, but only to demand ur money back for last nights call

the disc doesnt work on windows vista (never has)

just plug in the ethernet cable
reset modem and pc (may not even b required)

and u shud b up and running

dont worry about the registration side either, shud b ok without it

if not then get tech support to help u with other things to try to get the connection running.

(thats if it was a tech coming out to install, if u got sent the modem, u will have to call up to activate it)

stevebutt
26-07-2007, 15:33
Sorry i forgot to mention they said they would refund any call charges after i got peed off with them making me go round in call circles :)

Technical Support were trying to rectify the situation but say that the problem is down to CS to sort out, it just peed me off that CS did not seem to want to help in the slightest and i felt fobbed off by them.

I'm going to print this thread and try all suggestions after going down the normal route of registration again.

what?
26-07-2007, 15:52
gd luck with it man! :tu:

on in an hour!
26-07-2007, 15:55

if not then get tech support to help u with other things to try to get the connection running.

(thats if it was a tech coming out to install, if u got sent the modem, u will have to call up to activate it)
this quote is incorrect,a new modem will have a registration i.p. address so will need registering.it sounds like youve got there anyway and when you put in your pin No and surname you get the 'invalid account information' msg.is this correct?? if so you need to confirm with CS what pin No they have on the server against her details. did you go to 'autoreg.autoregister.net??

stevebutt
26-07-2007, 16:18
Thanks for the advice so far, fantastic help as always :)

I figured it can't be as easy as what? had posted but any try is a good try!

You are right on in an hour! this is the exact fault i am up against. Yes i did get onto autoreg.autoregister.net as advised. Is there any particular department i need to speak to at CS regarding this, as the "helpful" lady at CS told me i need to speak to tech support after tech support told me i need to speak to CS so we end up playing telephone tennis...

mrmistoffelees
26-07-2007, 16:45
Thanks for the advice so far, fantastic help as always :)

I figured it can't be as easy as what? had posted but any try is a good try!

You are right on in an hour! this is the exact fault i am up against. Yes i did get onto autoreg.autoregister.net as advised. Is there any particular department i need to speak to at CS regarding this, as the "helpful" lady at CS told me i need to speak to tech support after tech support told me i need to speak to CS so we end up playing telephone tennis...

This is absoloutely 100% a CS issue, I had the exact same problem, apparently something on my account was not setup properly

what?
26-07-2007, 16:47
that advice is not incorrect

i work in tech support

when the tech installs the modem, he registers the modems mac onto the account, and hey presto, the signal starts flowing, plug in the ethernet cable and ur away... trust me... iv had a thousand calls where ppls had problems with set up cd's, simple case of plug in eth, reboot and away u go

there is registraion required for ntl, i was jsut takin it from the point of view that his sister inlaw was in the same area as him

tho not saying that couldnt b wrong

Peil
26-07-2007, 16:55
I can categorically state that not all techs register the modem. Only last night I was round my GF's trying to get someone India to get the modem registered properly.
Should have been a 5 minute job, but they rushed her through the autoreg pages and she didnt get a chance to note her username/password ans so she couldnt setup her email

Only took a transfer of the call to someone in Wales before we got it working, total time on phone approx 20 mins, on a mobile!!!:shocked:

They said it would b credited back, but I doubt it'll be credited at mobile rates - and no she doesn't have a landline

on in an hour!
26-07-2007, 18:36
that advice is not incorrect

i work in tech support

when the tech installs the modem, he registers the modems mac onto the account, and hey presto, the signal starts flowing, plug in the ethernet cable and ur away... trust me... iv had a thousand calls where ppls had problems with set up cd's, simple case of plug in eth, reboot and away u go

there is registraion required for ntl, i was jsut takin it from the point of view that his sister inlaw was in the same area as him

tho not saying that couldnt b wrong
sorry,the techs no longer register the modems,havent done for some time in ex C & W areas anyway.they establish that the modem is locked on,leave the disc and the pin No,thats it.its obvious from his reply to me that its a pin No issue,should be easily sorted with CS,no need for tech support,anybody can look for their pin No,CS/ tech support,even sales,when we had probs with pin No's years ago i used to ring sales,establish a new sacm account and sales gave me the new pin there and then.;)

vmtech
26-07-2007, 18:52
ok you to calm stevebutt it in an ntl area so he will have to register his cm
Mr what its only telewest area you dont

on in an hour!
26-07-2007, 18:57
ok you to calm stevebutt it in an ntl area so he will have to register his cm
Mr what its only telewest area you dont
thanks for clearing that 1 up :tu:

vmtech
26-07-2007, 18:58
aye no bother av add hunners people fight about this

stevebutt
26-07-2007, 19:58
Well after reading that a couple of times, i think i got the gist of it.

I need to bug CS like they are bugging me. I am a patient person and don't like to create but this is boiling my p***

on in an hour!
26-07-2007, 20:01
Well after reading that a couple of times, i think i got the gist of it.

I need to bug CS like they are bugging me. I am a patient person and don't like to create but this is boiling my p***
you really shouldnt need to bug them steve,'i am entering my pin on sacm reg and its coming up invalid,do you happen to have the correct one,or could you create me a new one' should work a treat ;)

stevebutt
26-07-2007, 20:07
yeah i know but they said last time that they couldn't help me and i needed to speak to TS.

Probably didn't help that i was tired from a days work :)

on in an hour!
26-07-2007, 20:11
yeah i know but they said last time that they couldn't help me and i needed to speak to TS.

Probably didn't help that i was tired from a days work :)
and them too!!! the daft thing is, if i was to visit as a tech i could ring broadband tech support (technician,not technical) and sort it in a matter of minutes :(

eth01
26-07-2007, 20:12
Annoying hey :rolleyes:

stevebutt
26-07-2007, 22:27
Well i've just got back after being round there since 9pm trying to sort it.

Tried again on autoreg, no joy

Called CS, put on hold, told to speak to TS

Called TS, went through the script with India, no joy (seeing a pattern here?)

Called CS, on hold for 1/2 hour, spoke to India, made sure pin matched with them, asked him if the workforce management sheet was completed to which the answer was yes. Told to call during office hours tommorrow, need to speak to the installations department. Account shows TV and Telco services but no BB.

i work during the day, its not my account and i am only helping a relation with a service that i recommended. I am sympathetic and do understand that they cannot help me but it looks like the only way to sort this is to take half a day off work and sit on the phone to CS and installations until i can get somebody to press what seems to be THE BIG RED BUTTON :)

Virgin Media, When it works its great, when it doesn't and you are working all week, god help you!

wafer_style
27-07-2007, 07:44

the modem should get it's MAC ADDRESS registered with VM otherwise the computer would be assigned a private ip by the VM DHCP and won't be able to access the internet .