PDA

View Full Version : poor RF output

gazb1214
26-07-2007, 14:11
Hi all, new member here (sorry for long message below, but best to be accurate)

system, - V+ with seperate RF feed via virgin RF cable connected to V+ box and RF out to rest of house

just had V+ box installed yesterday, like other threads I have read, i also send the RF signal to the video recorder located below the V+ box, then from the video to the rest of the house, inc pc tuner (pc tuner is very good and picks up any signal strength). this setup worked great when I had the sky box connected. now I can tune in the video recorder to the terestrial channels (great picture) + several other low range signal channels, such as cnn etc, The V+ rf output is just tunable and has a very poor picture. elsewhere in the house, terestrial channels are excellent, I cannot tune into the RF signal from the output of the V+ box, ie watch what is being shown on the main tv, connected by scart lead. tried a direct link to local tv but even setting tv to RF59 (V+ output) does not work.

question - system worked before with sky so what can I do to the V+ box to possible increase signal strength of the RF output, if indeed that is the issue? grateful for any replies. (engineer returned:confused: after 2hrs of fitting box to replace it as batch was faulty, something to do with backwards communicating on pay per view stuff, he couldn't answer my question either)

Graham M
26-07-2007, 15:17
Well it could simply be to do with the fact that the RF Power Output of the V+ is of a lower strength than the Sky box, also it could be that it's frequency is conflicting with that of the VCR - or another device in the chain. If there is some distance involved, you may need a signal booster.