PDA

View Full Version : House Move - cabled to non-cabled

Jon M
24-07-2007, 11:30
Hi guys, good to see all the familiar faces still posting merrily :)

Just after a bit of guidance as I haven't ever used ADSL before :disturbd:

I moved officially yesterday but haven't yet contacted CS to transfer services as I am unsure as to what my options are.

I am not sure if I have an existing BT line (will test it tonight) but is that something that can be checked remotely?

Also, I have a modem/router that I can put in place immeadiately.. is it possible to activate the account if the line has previously been ADSL enabled at the exchange?

Jon

mrmistoffelees
24-07-2007, 11:36
Hi guys, good to see all the familiar faces still posting merrily :)

Just after a bit of guidance as I haven't ever used ADSL before :disturbd:

I moved officially yesterday but haven't yet contacted CS to transfer services as I am unsure as to what my options are.

I am not sure if I have an existing BT line (will test it tonight) but is that something that can be checked remotely?

Also, I have a modem/router that I can put in place immeadiately.. is it possible to activate the account if the line has previously been ADSL enabled at the exchange?

Jon

Hi Jon,
Do you know the number for the line ? if so you can check on virtually any ISP's website.

With regards to activating the account, the line may already (if its BT and previous person has had ADSL installed) be ADSL enabled however the ISP has to provision the service. So no, unfortunately not !!

Jon M
24-07-2007, 14:13
Thanks mrmist, looks like the phonecalls will be inevitable then.