PDA

View Full Version : Installtion was cancelled.....

Gypsie
24-07-2007, 10:20
Not sure if you can help or not!!!!

I live in stepney green, London, E1 Area 22

Had VM coming to install 4mb BB and TV yesterday from 1pm - 6pm, No one turned up by 6pm so i rang the help line and was told the engineer canceled the installation at 2pm as i am in a analogue area (he didnt call me or anything).....

Now im pretty sure im in an VM area, i used to have VM when i lived in Cambridge and i can see the same little grey boxes under all the windows in the building (10 flats) along with the same black cables tied under the main window for each flat waiting to be drilled through(its like a bundle of wires in a tie). Also i can see on the side of the building a bigger version of the grey box where all the cables lead too.

Is the above that i described something totally different than VM????? I can get pictures when i finish work if that helps.

Like i said not sure what i want to hear from you guys but any suggestion would be great!

Thanks

Edit - Thanks for the move! (I am blind didnt see this section)

MovedGoalPosts
24-07-2007, 10:33
There are some areas of the Virgin Media cable network that are not upgraded / compatible with digital services such as TV and broadband. But sales should have that flaggged so you cannot order unusable services in such areas.

It's very poor that having accepted your order they couldn't even tell you it wouldn't happen.

I wonder if you can get VM broadband via a phone line (ADSL)? What are sales saying to you now?

Gypsie
24-07-2007, 10:43
The post code checker etc all goes through OK, althou when i first ordered it i was told i couldnt get it as they used the flat number as the street number (I live in flat 9 but street number of my building is 28) so it rejected. But i when i spoke to a manager they said it was a mistake and i could receive it......

I was told yesterday i should get a call from an installation manager who will be in contact within 48 hours to discuss the matter, (and the fact i took half a day off without getting a phone call at 2pm to say it was cancelled!)

I already have wifi TISCALI!!!!! broadband in my flat but its shared between 3 others and very very unreliable and slooooow, hence VM was going to be my hero.

Gypsie
24-07-2007, 12:50
Just been reading around.... also re read what you put about getting ADSL. If i want to get a separate connection is my only option to pay the £124.99 from BT to get a 2nd phone line in?

Surly there must be another way :(

colin-bennett
24-07-2007, 21:59
There are some areas of the Virgin Media cable network that are not upgraded / compatible with digital services such as TV and broadband. But sales should have that flaggged so you cannot order unusable services in such areas.

It's very poor that having accepted your order they couldn't even tell you it wouldn't happen.

I wonder if you can get VM broadband via a phone line (ADSL)? What are sales saying to you now?

This franchise was migrated to icoms some time ago. In a few instances the (flag) as you call it was not migrated accross correctly.
This was not a sales issue, it is an install issue. It has to be the responcibility of installs to notify the customer of any issues that affect installation.