PDA

View Full Version : No TV signal

duloup
21-07-2007, 19:43
Hi

I have just moved in a new house where the previous owners had Cable & Wireless gear installed across the house. However I am not planning to use Cable & Wireless and I have tested my TV (using a freeview box) on the TV plugs provided there, but it doesn't pick up any signal. The cable seems to be connected to a splitter that is itself connected to Cable & Wireless plug on the wall. What could be the reason stopping my freeview box to pick up a signal? Do I have to remove all the Cable & Wireless equipment first in order to retrieve the original aerial TV signal?

Thanks

S.

papa smurf
21-07-2007, 19:54
Hi

I have just moved in a new house where the previous owners had Cable & Wireless gear installed across the house. However I am not planning to use Cable & Wireless and I have tested my TV (using a freeview box) on the TV plugs provided there, but it doesn't pick up any signal. The cable seems to be connected to a splitter that is itself connected to Cable & Wireless plug on the wall. What could be the reason stopping my freeview box to pick up a signal? Do I have to remove all the Cable & Wireless equipment first in order to retrieve the original aerial TV signal?

Thanks

S.
freeviw wont work on the system ,you need a dedicated set top box

duloup
21-07-2007, 20:02
Why normal freeview doesn't work on the system setup by Cable & Wireless?
What other options do I have to get back to the standard TV aerial in order to use my freeview box?

papa smurf
21-07-2007, 20:08
you will require a freeview areal to make free view box work ,or subscribe to cable tv