PDA

View Full Version : Can you connect from my local machine to a hosted MYSQL database?

skydiei
20-07-2007, 23:26
Hi there,

I have spent hours trying to connect but to no avail. It adds to my user name so Im guessing it is disabled. I have tried to use a program call sqlyog and http tunneling but still errors.

If anyone can help me, I am going mad...Ned to have a drink now

Cheers

Graham M
20-07-2007, 23:30
You need to add a new user with access to the database with either the suffix @% (allows anyone access with the correct username and password) or @hostname (which, btw I'd remove from your post if I were you!)

punky
20-07-2007, 23:30
Hi,

For your own protection I have hidden some of your IP. A better thing to do would be asking someone to connect and PMing them your IP as broadcasting it publically can get you some unwanted attention.

chickendippers
20-07-2007, 23:33
You may need to add your IP address to the list of Access Hosts...at least you do with my company ;)

punky
20-07-2007, 23:36
Can you connect and manipulate the database through the mysql program itself?

skydiei
21-07-2007, 00:03
sorry guys, been trying to do this for so long i didn't think. thanks for removing the ip. i will read the posts now

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

I downloaded the odbc driver for mysql and I can’t get it to work. Been speaking with the hosting company but there support could not help. I have a username set up but nothing with @. As you guessed this is my first time trying to set this up?

Any help would be much appreciated

---------- Post added at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 23:47 ----------

You may need to add your IP address to the list of Access Hosts...at least you do with my company ;)

I have added my ip but still I cannot get it to work

sprattgraham
21-07-2007, 10:38
Have you tried MySql Administrator

What Control Panel are you host using

kibblerok
21-07-2007, 14:47
if your host users cpanel you need to enter your IP address in the 'access hosts' section on the mysql page as zeph advises.

It may also be worth checking your host uses the standard port (3306 i believe) and your firewall allows this locally.

indie1982
24-07-2007, 16:59
Yeah you need to enable access from other hosts, by default mySQL will only allow connections from the localhost.