PDA

View Full Version : Co-ax signal to 2nd TV

jono_h
20-07-2007, 09:42
Can anyone offer some help on the following issue.

I have the scart and rf outputs from my STB connected to my downstairs TV, the rf is also split to an upstairs TV.

I have no problems with the signal on the downstairs TV. I use 1-5 to get terrestial via the bypass, 6 & AV1 to watch the STB output.
Upstairs channels 1-5 are programmed to give the terrestial channels via the bypass, and work fine. However the signal on channel 6 (tuned to STB output) is poor - not unwatchable, but not good.

Has anyone any ideas as to why this is? If it was simply signal degreadation where it has been split then I'd expect channels 1-5 upstairs to be poor as well - unless the bypass signal is stronger than the STB output?

Thanks,

PS1
23-07-2007, 13:22
Can anyone offer some help on the following issue.

I have the scart and rf outputs from my STB connected to my downstairs TV, the rf is also split to an upstairs TV.

I have no problems with the signal on the downstairs TV. I use 1-5 to get terrestial via the bypass, 6 & AV1 to watch the STB output.
Upstairs channels 1-5 are programmed to give the terrestial channels via the bypass, and work fine. However the signal on channel 6 (tuned to STB output) is poor - not unwatchable, but not good.

Has anyone any ideas as to why this is? If it was simply signal degreadation where it has been split then I'd expect channels 1-5 upstairs to be poor as well - unless the bypass signal is stronger than the STB output?

Thanks,

do you have a video connected upstairs too?