PDA

View Full Version : WOW ingame lag

andybeary
19-07-2007, 09:39
Hi all

Sorry if someone else has raised this issue

I have been playing wow over last couple of days and the lag is very bad (unplayable) i have friends who are also from the Northampton area who are experiencing same issues as they are on VM.

I have the XL package and when i use the internet broadband speed tester i do get around 9-10meg. I know they are scheduled to upgrade the speeds to 20meg in August.

Could someone let me know if i have a fault at my end or its VM upgrading the systems which is causing the ingame lag? It just seems weird that the connection speed is ok but when i play wow the ingame lag is awful since weekend.

Thanks

Andy

afraser2k
19-07-2007, 10:10
It's a known issue on the WoW EU forums, lots of VM/BT customers are complaining about random disconnections and high latency. Many are now suspecting the problem to be Telia since it affects both ISPs. You might want to check out: http://forums.wow-europe.com in their technical support pages for two or three large threads on the subject.

It's been going on for months for many users.

danjw
19-07-2007, 10:18
i get severe lag on my xbox 360 console when hosting, even tho the upload is enough
*****ty cable

shaun2312
19-07-2007, 11:07
I'm from the Northants area and for the last few days I have been having a red latency bar no matter what i'm doing.

I'm on the 10 meg package (waiting to be upgraded) and on Stormrage, The laggyness is rediculous.

I was annoyed at the last bout of VM/WOW lagg and DC's

I hope someone thing is done soon so I can play reasonably well again

SOSAGES
19-07-2007, 11:10
/2 wtb working isp.

Graham M
19-07-2007, 11:12
i get severe lag on my xbox 360 console when hosting, even tho the upload is enough
*****ty cable
Which has absolutely nothing to do with WOW

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

Hi all

I have been playing wow over last couple of days and the lag is very bad (unplayable) i have friends who are also from the Northampton area who are experiencing same issues as they are on VM.

I have the XL package and when i use the internet broadband speed tester i do get around 9-10meg. I know they are scheduled to upgrade the speeds to 20meg in August.

Could someone let me know if i have a fault at my end or its VM upgrading the systems which is causing the ingame lag? It just seems weird that the connection speed is ok but when i play wow the ingame lag is awful since weekend.

Thanks

Andy

Its normally the peers at Tiscali's end rather than VM themselves so you could get the same issues on a completely different ISP too.

andybeary
19-07-2007, 11:24
Thanks for replies least i know im not alone

I have posted on the Wow Forum as suggested by afraser2k and looks like there are hundreds of people with same issues as me.

I guess its just knowing who is to blame as no one seems to be taking ownership, if i was treating my customers in my job the same way i would have been given the sack by now.

Seems like no one wants to take the lead on sorting these issues or at least make an announcement as too whats being done about it.

Very disappointing tbh

Thanks again for the replies

dave.m
20-07-2007, 19:02
Hi all

Thanks

Andy

It might not be related buy my signal to noise ratio dropped 4db on wednesday night/thursday morning to 25.6db which has left my cable service running at the bare minimum. Luckily I have an ambit 250 which seems to be coping with that signal level quite nicely. My old motorola 3100 would have spluttered along if at all.

Dave

dave.m
20-07-2007, 22:45
It might not be related buy my signal to noise ratio dropped 4db on wednesday night/thursday morning to 25.6db which has left my cable service running at the bare minimum. Luckily I have an ambit 250 which seems to be coping with that signal level quite nicely. My old motorola 3100 would have spluttered along if at all.

Dave

I ment to add that I live in the Northampton area too.

pedrohizzo
22-07-2007, 05:11
they had this exact same problem last year, its a problem with telia.
cheap skates :rolleyes:

if i remember right, last year they had trouble with air conditioning and it wouldnt surprise me if that is what's causing these problems.