PDA

View Full Version : Invalid Account Information

Arathrael
18-07-2007, 19:39
I've just moved house and signed up for Virgin Media M broadband.

Welcome pack arrived, I set up the modem no problem (the previous tenant had NTL so everything's already in place pretty much), but can I register? No I can't. I go through the process at https://autoreg.autoregister.net/ and end up at a page saying 'Invalid account information. We are sorry but your order details are incomplete and we are unable to register your cable modem until the order has been completed. You will need to call our customer support team to complete your complete your order. Please contact our customer support on 0845 454 1111 for help.'

The first time I rang the number I was told that it wasn't set up yet and it would be 24 hours. 24 hours later when it's still not working and I ring again, I'm told they can't help and I have to call an 0906 number 'because it's an NTL modem'. Argh!

I'm kind of reluctant to call an 0906 number, especially on my mobile (which is the only phone I've got until BT activate their line here). I also don't really see why I should have to call an 0906 number just to get the modem registered, seems a bit off.

Does anyone here know if there's any alternative way to get this sorted? Do I really have to call that 0906 number to get this problem fixed, or should Virgin Media's customer services be able to do it? Or is there an alternative non-0906 number I can call?

Or should I just give up and cancel the contract now, wait until BT get round to activating their line so I can get ADSL and go without internet access for a couple of weeks in the meantim- no, forget that. No internet access? That's madness. ;)

Thanks for any possible help!

Mick Fisher
18-07-2007, 19:50
How absolutely pathetic, how absolutely VM. You better get used to it if you decide to stay. :mad:
The irony is the 0906 number you are encouraged to ring is, I presume, the off-shored BB TS who are usually no help at all and only book engineers to visit or tell you to phone CS. :rolleyes:
Perhaps you can ask one of the mods on here for help?

Marge
18-07-2007, 19:51
This message means that something hasn't been completed on your account that the modem is trying to register to, if memory serves me right (as it's quite a well since I did them) I think it's the Workforce Management Screen that just needs completing. It' a 2 second job but unfortunately until it's done you can sit there till the cows come home and it won't register.

If you ring C/S and ask them to check that on your SABS account it should sort the problem out.

Whereabouts in the country are you btw ??

Arathrael
18-07-2007, 20:29
Thanks for the quick replies!

Whereabouts in the country are you btw ??
I'm in Warrington.

I think the last time I rang the 0845 number for VM CS, they did say something about not being able to access SABS because it's an NTL modem, and then they gave me the 0906 number (0906 212 1111 to be exact).

maverick
18-07-2007, 20:59
The procedure for a new cmr is to call the 0906 number,advise the agent you are registering for the first time,you will be immeadiately called back and your account credited with the cost of the original premium call you have made.

Rains
18-07-2007, 21:06
How absolutely pathetic, how absolutely VM. You better get used to it if you decide to stay. :mad:
The irony is the 0906 number you are encouraged to ring is, I presume, the off-shored BB TS who are usually no help at all and only book engineers to visit or tell you to phone CS. :rolleyes:
Perhaps you can ask one of the mods on here for help?Indeed the ask you to pay for teck when its there problam and then have the ball's to make it a indian call center i had to ask him to repeat him self over and over again what a joke

v0id
18-07-2007, 21:53
That is just ridiculous. New customers should not be asked to dial a premium rate number to activate their account. What would they do if you had a block on calling premium numbers?