PDA

View Full Version : Ready & Sync light flashing?

danjw
18-07-2007, 09:51
Hi,

More problems with my VM broadband

For 2 days now my BB has been showing the "ready" light as flashing (meaning its not ready) then the light will jump over to the "sync" light, flash for about 2 mins and got back to ready...

I rang yesterday to pay my bill off, and the guy said theres problems with broadband on a whole, so when i came on here to expect 20 threads sayin bb not working and didnt, plus my frien in the same poscode area was on msn as he said it... its a bit of a joke ready.

I asked the guy on the phone to reactivate my acc as i thought id been cut off and he arrogantly said i told you before, theres a line fault across the uk

Anyways thats my rant over does anyone have an aswer to my origional Q, about the sync and ready light?

ps why the hell as the billing part of the company gone over to india too?!?! 3 asians that they didnt know what the hell a bill was, jokers

bopdude
18-07-2007, 09:57
Have you tried powering down the modem, waiting a couple of minutes and powering back up, first the modem then the pc, once the modem lights are stable ( if they do ) then power up the pc.

danjw
18-07-2007, 10:06
yep i tried that about 4 times last night, but all that happens is the ready light flashes on and off

bopdude
18-07-2007, 10:17
No idea then, sorry to have stated the obvious but hey, sometimes the easy things are overlooked :shrug:

Maybe worth checking the status page for your area.

Zee
18-07-2007, 10:30
What area are you in?
Mine was doing the same last night, about 12.30am not sure about the other nights because i wasn't in. I don't know how long it lasted because i just switched off.

3 asians that they didnt know what the hell a bill was, jokers

What does that have to do with anything?

danjw
18-07-2007, 10:50
about the asians thing im not being racist but her was very rude and abrupt, the other one i couldnt understand thats all its just plain bad customer services ANYWAYS i dont want a debate about that cos i lost my job at ntl cos of them

Im living in the Sale area in manchester Zee

Zee
18-07-2007, 11:22
I'm in NW London, they told you it was a nationwide problem?

danjw
18-07-2007, 11:32
yep, the convo went like this

can i pay my bill

him : your due for a dd payment on the 31st

i dont even pay by dd anymore, it got canceled

(repeat a few times)

me : ok just let me pay it off now cos i think iv been cut off

him: there actually problems atm with the BB

(takes card details and that)

me:can you reconnect me now

him: I TOLD YOU BEFORE, DID YOU NOT LISTEN THERES PROBLEMS ATM (he didnt even clarify where, how long for what the problems were... he was just so rude i had to laugh)

thats basically how it went, so i got home and its still showing to me as being cut off, theres nothing on the service status screen to say anything, and like i said my mate who lives round the corner was on MSN so obv he had no probs

im just a bit unhappy, dont trust virgin now days, i just think the guy was lyeing to me to get me off the phone but normally after a few hours its back up, it been over 24 hours now and still no bb @ home, i payed the tv bill and within 15 mins it was back on