PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Slimline PS2 to Internet

smok3dog
16-07-2007, 18:52
Hello i am wanting to connect my slimline PS2 to the internet but dont know the way to do this could someone help me plz :P
I have a hub that my internet cable is running off but when i connect it to the slimline and try to get online its not having any of it.
Could someone plz tell me step by step guide on how to set it up?
And do you have to pay for PS2 online???

Thanks peoples.

Nikesh
16-07-2007, 18:55
Have you tried plugging the PS2 straight from the modem?

smok3dog
16-07-2007, 19:00
Negative @ the moment i have a Bt hub that is connected to a rooter and a p.c that. Then my cable leading upstairs that i am wanting to use is comming from the rooter & There is my wireless laptop that is connect to the bt hub as well.
Is it true that you have to pay to go online on a playstaion??

Callumpy
16-07-2007, 19:11
Have you tried the network access disk?

smok3dog
16-07-2007, 19:15
Have you tried the network access disk?

The slimline PS2 did not come with that disc??

Callumpy
16-07-2007, 19:20
order it from the PS2 Website : www.playstation.com

smok3dog
16-07-2007, 19:44
A Network Access Disc - Guides you through the process of setting up your network connection.

This is what i am asking for help on here lol & you cant order one from www.playstation.com

The simplest way to get your PlayStation 2 online is to set up using the Network Access Disc walk-through. There are also a variety of ways you can manually configure your PlayStation 2 for network gaming, should you wish.

I want it up and running now so manually would be better.
like i said i need a step by step guide that would be a realy big help.

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

Bump! Can Anyone help???

smok3dog
17-07-2007, 09:32
I have now Subscribed to www.playstaion.co.uk and hopefully they are sending me A Network Access Disc but i went on the playstaion forums and there is alot of people who have been waiting for them to deliver the disk, hopefully it wont take that long for mine.

Why can't playstaion2 be as easy as the xbox360 to set up a online console

Graham M
17-07-2007, 09:34
I have now Subscribed to www.playstaion.co.uk (http://www.playstaion.co.uk) and hopefully they are sending me A Network Access Disc but i went on the playstaion forums and there is alot of people who have been waiting for them to deliver the disk, hopefully it wont take that long for mine.

Why can't playstaion2 be as easy as the xbox360 to set up a online console

Because Sony made it :D

icestar2
17-07-2007, 11:22
Is it true that you have to pay to go online on a playstaion??

Nope its free.

the network disc can sometimes take a while to arrive. I got mine in about 2 weeks. I used to run my PS2 through ICS this made things easy for me.

smok3dog
17-07-2007, 11:33
Haha yer but i love Sony, come on you must 2 remember back in the day :erm: Wow i sounded old then lol. When they first brought out the Playstaion 1 and it just over ruled all the other game consoles and when you wanted nere enough every game that got released.
~ Now though i think the Xbox 360 has took over my love for consoles dam you Bill gates, well untill the prices drop on the Playstaion 3 :p:

Calm down monkey its only Xbox 360 Lv

:dmonk: :sniper:

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

I used to run my PS2 through ICS this made things easy for me.

The way i am wanting to connect it up is:
Though Bt hub which is connected to my rooter then i want to use a etehrnet cable to lead to bedroom upstairs and plug in to PS2.
Running it though p.c is a mission lol
I hope my disc come's soon i wanna see what te PS2 is like online coz i knoww the xbox is :p:

chickendippers
18-07-2007, 10:13
Some games come with the Network Access Software built in, think I used Timesplitters Future Perfect.

Stuart
19-07-2007, 11:18
Moved to Sony Games Systems forum

smok3dog
25-07-2007, 09:51
I have recived my disc though the door the other day but guess what? It was a demo disc & not a internet access disc DAM U SONY DAM U TO HELL i will have to give timespliters disc a shot - MISSIONS all i wanna do is play on my PS2 online lol.

Lets all get 2gether and back handed bich slap MR. Sony himself who's up for it :bsmack:

I know monkeys up for it :monkey:
A defonate :redcard: