PDA

View Full Version : An example of VM Customer Service? £75 to replace cover they forgot

lordy
15-07-2007, 13:38
My friend has just had cable installed.
The installer left and forgot to replace the cover on the box outside.

She calls customer support, spent over an hour being transferred between UK and India and back.

Conclusion, because there is no fault on the line it will cost £75 for someone to come and put the cover back on!

Can someone please give me an address so I can write an letter to the right people so they can come and finish the installation properly.

I may be back with pictures later today!

chickendippers
15-07-2007, 14:30
£75 that's odd, I thought the standard call out was £25.

Callumpy
15-07-2007, 14:36
£75!!! Bloody Hell. Id do it myself.

bw41101
15-07-2007, 14:42
When you say "box" I presume that you referring to the little black/brown box (attached to the wall) where the cable connection comes into the property? Did she ring customer care (150) or faults (151)?

I would contact customer care (150) and play dumb, I.e. tell them that the installer damaged the cover during fitting and said he'd return later with a new one and (as of yet) hasn't - throw the ball back into VM's court. :erm:

The stupid thing about this, is that if the covers left off then water damage will soon ensue causing a real problem which will then have to be attended to at VM's expense. :dozey:

Apologies for saying this, but it looks like another VM sub contractors "get it done as quick as possible" tactic. Can I ask, was the installation late afternoon and on a Saturday perhaps?

Farcical indeed!

Good luck and si thee.

lordy
15-07-2007, 14:56
The installation was on a Friday morning, but the guy also cut the cable too short inside of the house, so that the modem now needs an power extension across the hall to reach the cable.

I'm going up there with some RG6 tonight, to sort it out (yes I know, noise on line, VM equipment etc. etc.).

v0id
15-07-2007, 16:19
Go have a moan about the crappy install in news.virginmedia.com (news://text.news.virginmedia.com/virginmedia.feedback)

Jules
15-07-2007, 16:32
There is no way she should be charged for this and any way the call out is £25 not £75.

J.D
15-07-2007, 16:43
The installation was on a Friday morning, but the guy also cut the cable too short inside of the house, so that the modem now needs an power extension across the hall to reach the cable.

I'm going up there with some RG6 tonight, to sort it out (yes I know, noise on line, VM equipment etc. etc.).

Good luck.

Akia
15-07-2007, 18:10
nope install is £25, service calls can range from free to £75 but £75 is the standard

slowcoach
16-07-2007, 00:27
Just padlocked my cover. :dunce: