PDA

View Full Version : £1 Per min Virgin Tech Support

malted
13-07-2007, 20:47
Ok tryed to phone tech support about my endless slow speeds 1mbit and random loss of connection every hour, i dont have a virgin homeline can't afford it, but shock horror 4 quid in phone box to give someone my account number and postcode at £1 per min are they for real.

How can i get help they don't reply to you on the newsgroups customer support says they can't check or help so do i just keep paying £50 a month for crap internet.

Virgin Media has gone downhill since they took over i never had a problem before with telewest never had to call them either, but since 20mbit config it's rubbish.

Anyone know how to get help other than calling tech support, it's really starting to annoy me now and i feel like VirginMedia wan't me to leave and go elsewhere which to be honest i won't be paying my next bill if it's like this any longer :mad:

UncleBooBoo
13-07-2007, 20:52
Call retensions on there 0800 number!

That should help you sort things out!

alferret
13-07-2007, 20:54
Ok tryed to phone tech support about my endless slow speeds 1mbit and random loss of connection every hour, i dont have a virgin homeline can't afford it, but shock horror 4 quid in phone box to give someone my account number and postcode at £1 per min are they for real.

How can i get help they don't reply to you on the newsgroups customer support says they can't check or help so do i just keep paying £50 a month for crap internet.

Virgin Media has gone downhill since they took over i never had a problem before with telewest never had to call them either, but since 20mbit config it's rubbish.

Anyone know how to get help other than calling tech support, it's really starting to annoy me now and i feel like VirginMedia wan't me to leave and go elsewhere which to be honest i won't be paying my next bill if it's like this any longer :mad:

Good god man where do you get your info from????

Broadband technical support All phone lines 0906 212 1111* *Calls are charged at 25p per minute. There is a 10p connection fee from Virgin Media landlines. Charges from mobiles and other networks may vary.

LINK (http://www.virginmedia.com/contact/contact1.php?category=portal&app=contact)

And your paying £50pm for your internet????

Maybe you should drop to 4mb and then you can afford the phone line.

malted
13-07-2007, 20:56
Yeah i have spoken to them all they offered me was a better deal on my bill which is no use to me as i would rather my problems looked at which i was told they can't do and call tech support :(

I don't want a new deal because that would mean a new 12 month contract and i want a option to leave if they can't fix my problems which i never had on 10mbit :/

Arthurgray50@blu
13-07-2007, 20:57
I have said on other threads about the cost of phoning VM with problems, and the cost, I must confess one thing, with Sky, you rarely had problems and when you did phone, it did cost money, the problem was sorted, with VM the problems are continous, and therefore going to cost customers a fortune, especially when you are on the phone for about half an hour, waiting for the department to be answered, then suddenly, the phone say's ' the other person has cleared,please replace the handset' thats what gets my goat. - l have been proved right again on this forum.:)

malted
13-07-2007, 20:58
Good god man where do you get your info from????

LINK (http://www.virginmedia.com/contact/contact1.php?category=portal&app=contact)

And your paying £50pm for your internet????

I watched 4 quid go in mins and also customer support told me it was £1 per min, if you dont belive me go try it.

I have tv services also hence 50 quid.

alferret
13-07-2007, 21:34
I watched 4 quid go in mins and also customer support told me it was £1 per min, if you dont belive me go try it.

I have tv services also hence 50 quid.

Obviously you phoned the wrong number then malted.

PC Help If you have computer problems that are not specifically
related to your Virgin Media service* 0906 991 0001
*Calls cost £1 per minute and the line is open from 8am to 11pm seven days a week.

Where as
Broadband technical support All phone lines 0906 212 1111* *Calls are charged at 25p per minute. There is a 10p connection fee from Virgin Media landlines. Charges from mobiles and other networks may vary.

Although prices may vary from non VM lines, ie: BT I very much doubt it would cost £1pm

As I said downgrade your service, get speeds that your area is capable of providing and get the landline installed.

Bonglet
13-07-2007, 21:38
from a bt phonebox yeah it costs about £1 per min as he rightly states
would cost about £2.50 a min on the other number premium service ftw NOT

alferret
13-07-2007, 22:03
from a bt phonebox yeah it costs about £1 per min as he rightly states
would cost about £2.50 a min on the other number premium service ftw NOT

If this is the case Malted, I apologise for saying you got it wrong.

Also then, if VM get 25p pm from the call, then the provider of the line gets 75p pm, surely this is a scam and this would contravine guidlines set out by ICSTIS and that all providers of premium rate numbers, like VM should advise customers of the total cost per minute dialed from other networks, ex: VM network 25ppm, from BT 100ppm. This should be made clear on all literature so that no one is left in the dark as to actual cost's.

Bonglet
13-07-2007, 22:38
the trick to the wording in virgin media's statement is
Calls are charged at 25p per minute. There is a 10p connection fee from Virgin Media landlines. Charges from mobiles and other networks may vary.

bt landline,mobile phone or bt phonebox will cost far far more than the statement above, it implies thats just for the people who already have a virgin landline try it out for yourself with just £1.

malted
13-07-2007, 22:44
If this is the case Malted, I apologise for saying you got it wrong.

Also then, if VM get 25p pm from the call, then the provider of the line gets 75p pm, surely this is a scam and this would contravine guidlines set out by ICSTIS and that all providers of premium rate numbers, like VM should advise customers of the total cost per minute dialed from other networks, ex: VM network 25ppm, from BT 100ppm. This should be made clear on all literature so that no one is left in the dark as to actual cost's.

No probs mate :)

I did call the 0906 212 1111 number which the guy says stright away calls will be charged 25p which is blantent lie, and there website should state these extra changes it's just really unfair that they do this and makes it impossible for me to get help.

I've been a happy 10mbit user for years and it's only been since the 20mbit i've had to call them, i will be calling again not the tech number though :D

To either cancel all and go elsewhere unless its fixed i'm sick of being ripped off with there direct debit charges and slow speeds and now downtime and unstable internet access, all of which apart from the dd charge we super fine before.

XFS03
15-07-2007, 09:44
the trick to the wording in virgin media's statement is
Calls are charged at 25p per minute. There is a 10p connection fee from Virgin Media landlines. Charges from mobiles and other networks may vary.

bt landline,mobile phone or bt phonebox will cost far far more than the statement above, it implies thats just for the people who already have a virgin landline try it out for yourself with just £1.
The cost from a BT landline is the same as from a VM landline (25p/min).