PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely shocking service

RDPearson
13-07-2007, 11:07
On Tuesday 3rd July I was scheduled for an install of the cable TV service. The engineer arrived as promised and did the installation. During the installation process he battled to get the box to work. After numerous resets and button pressing he eventually got it working. When watching it later that evening I noticed that the picture quality was very bad. On a regular basis it got pixelated and even occasionally froze for a couple of seconds.

On Wednesday morning I tried calling the support desk. After holding for over an hour I gave up and decided to try the following day. On Thursday and again on Friday I tried and waiting for over an hour each day in their queuing system. Eventually on Saturday I managed to get through after only 45 minutes. It turns out that the box supplied has now died (error 88:88) and needs to be replaced. I was told that the earliest that this could be done was almost three weeks time. After requesting to speak to a senior person about this I was put on hold for another 30 minutes. After this the same person I was originally dealing with came back and asked if the senior could call me back as he was busy. Much to my surprise the call back came through less than 15 minutes later. The senior said that there was nothing he could do and I must just wait. He promised me that a more senior person would call me back on Monday. Needless to say I got no return call. I was also promised that my account would not be charged until this was resolved.

On Monday I decided to just cancel the service. After waiting in the automatic queue for another 40 minutes I got through. I told the person that I am disgusted with the level of service provided and that I want to cancel. This person appologised for this and asked if he could help resolve this before I cancel. Deciding to give him the benefit of the doubt I agreed. He promised to speak to the manager who schedules onsite visits. He promised that he would call me back in an hour to let me know when an onsite visit would take place to resolve this. That was three hours ago. Again they have not othered to call back. Called again and got straight through this time. I spoke to a different person who said that because I have already been dealing with somebody else he cannot help me. They are not allowed to transfer calls to other reps so he will get the person I last spoke to to call me back. This person called me back about 5 hours later. He informed me that there was a
problem with their scheduling system which was just causing whole days to be skipped with nothing being scheduled. He promised that an engineer would visit me before the end of the week and that he would call be on Wednesday to confirm an ETA.

I received no return call on Wed. (How suprising). I tried twice on Thursday on get through. Each time I was in the queue for over 45 minutes before giving up. Eventually Friday morning I managed to get through after only a 10 minute wait. This person then proceeded to put me on hold for another 20 minutes while checking on the status of this. I have now been told that an
engineer will only be able to visit me in two weeks time again. I was also promised again that my account would not be charged until this was resolved. Hang on.... wasn't I promised this last Sat too? Told them to just cancel the service and to collect their equipment. All in all I have been on the phone to them for around 8 hours trying to get an answer. Each time I call I get told diferent information.

I have never ever dealt with a company that has such blatent disregard for their customers. I work in the support industry too and if I ever treated any of our customers the way I have been treated by Virgin I would be looking for a new job.

mrbarlow
21-07-2007, 19:07
Sadly I have also found many of the same things as you; chiefly a terrible attitude and a total shambles. Unlike you no-one has EVER called me back (3 times been promised).

Surely the only reason these people are still in business is because they have a monopoly.

Arthurgray50@blu
21-07-2007, 19:15
Welcome to the mad house, maybe if the new company take over, it will improve. but there again Spurs will WIN the Champions League next season, but we can all dream.:)

RDPearson
28-07-2007, 21:31
Well the saga continues. :(

It seems that my cancellation request was ignored too. On Wed last week an engineer just turned up at lunch time. Luckily I decided to go home for lunch that day. No ETA was even scheduled with me. What if I didnt go home for lunch?

The engineer replaced the box with a nice new shiny Samsung box. Virtually all the channels now just say that I am not subscribed to that channel. I have an XL package so I should have almost all the channels. Since Wed I have been on the phone to VM almost daily again. On Wed I was told that this had been escalated and that somebody from 2nd line support would call me back within 48 hours. By Friday evening I had not received any call back so I called again. I was told again that it was being escalated and that I would get a call back within 48 hours. This is getting ridiculous now.

Does anybody have any ideas on how I can actually get an answer from VM and get my service working? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am really at the end of my tether now.

Thanks in advance.