PDA

View Full Version : Leaving NTL after 20mb upgrade

Mike
12-07-2007, 13:53
Hi all

Just it just phoned and cancelled my 20 XL package...........

Afer the upgrade I am getting average speeds og about 350KB downloads.

I have tried to phone support over the past few evening but never got through.

I did get through to cancellations and was told the drop in speed was due to demand in the evening :confused::confused::confused:

Mike

virginmedia
12-07-2007, 16:14
Why didn't you get a tech out?

You have been a bit hasty there.

John

Bonglet
12-07-2007, 16:16
i cancelled too GOODBYE VM i feel really happy to eventually have got through to disconnections at last (thanks for the 0800 number that never works btw) roll on begining of august when i leave :).
woman on the phone was nice and pleasant even said they had a meeting this morning and things will get better soon *cough* ive waited since april lol
now july u do the maths of paying for a sub par service.
she ever so nicely told me that most of the problems were due to the floods of late rofl there were no floods in april afaik.

anyhow bye all here and gl ill repost when i get adsl on and you can scoff my upto speeds but ill be happy in my mind that no form of traffic shaping is going on or if i was a heavy user a letter of information will get passed to me stating this rather than suffering 24/7 because of others especially the freebiee mac adress cloners.

Mike
12-07-2007, 19:07

John

How is it best to do this..................

thanks

Mike

virginmedia
12-07-2007, 19:12
Just saying you should of got a tech out first. It could of being signal levals or maybe something needing changing in the CAD.

Anything

Maybe the tech could of solved it.

John

Mike
12-07-2007, 19:21
Just saying you should of got a tech out first. It could of being signal levals or maybe something needing changing in the CAD.

Anything

John

I just phoned and they acknowledged 20MB customers are having problems since been upgraded to 20MB my typical size is about 350kb !!!

See why I am unhappy;)

Not exactly sure what to do now

Mike

BigLarry
12-07-2007, 21:08
Join the ever growing club of Virgin Free, boy it feels good when you've cancelled!

Retrovertigo
12-07-2007, 22:03

John

Easier said than done. After a lengthy phonecall to them on sunday, they informed me there were network problems - and that was that. I had asked for a new modem etc but to no avail.

As I said in my post detailing my experience, what is someone supposed to do then? Insist that I know better and that I need an engineer? Doesn't work that way sadly.

So like many others I'm stuck either seeing if they sort it, or walking. Walking is very tempting at the minute.

And I think if I had been told that getting 300k was down to demand, then I'd have most likely screamed down the phone.

matuneek
13-07-2007, 23:05
yep seems a bit shoddy im on the 20 meg and get speeds jumping all over the place but normally running at about 4 meg

i wonder if its alright to only pay them £15 this month and say thats all i have due to demands from my other DD....guess it only works 1 way huh?

MK1
13-07-2007, 23:18
I have made the decision to leave virgin media and will cancel sometime next week.

goldoni
14-07-2007, 00:52

Anything

John

I did just that and had to wait two weeks for the privilege, the Engineer stood on my door step and said there are too many on the cabinet and he will tell the powers that be,,, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr he didn’t even bother to check anything or change the modem as was suggested by the Tech support which they said needed to be changed. Even bigger :mad: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have reduced from 20 to 4 and I have a better service of sort. Before some person jumps on the “ Its your computer, it’s full of spy ware” If I go five house’s up on a Toucan 8Mb account my computer flys and few houses the other way on a BT account it’s the same very fast . :mad: