PDA

View Full Version : XboX 360 hosting problems

danjw
11-07-2007, 17:16
Hi,

I have been waiting for 20 meg for months so i can host a game, heres the maths anyway

on Rainbow 6 Vegas, its about 50kbs per person to host a room, so 720 upload / 50 is 14 players right??

Thing is i cant even host 10 players, people suffer terrible lag and withing 30 seconds of opening my room 5 people have dropped out, i have the speed to host why cant i, anyone know?

I remember when i had it installed the guy said to me that there are few breaks in the cable ( like 6 of them) and my speed might suffer very slightly, but when i do a speed test im getting good upload speed so im very confused?

I have done dan ewells speed test and and dropping no packets or like 1 packet and diagnostics come up good....

what can i do, i have all my ports open ect?

my friend is also on virgin and he can host no problems

LostintheNW
11-07-2007, 17:21
I can't host games either, R6V is a no goer for me, and even on GOW i have lag when hosting. Its a joke if you ask me - and its got a lot worse since I was upgraded to 20meg

danjw
11-07-2007, 17:24
tell me about it, if anyone can sort out my problems they would be my hero

Rains
11-07-2007, 18:24
tell me about it, if anyone can sort out my problems they would be my hero80kbs up real speed should be well enought i could host 12 on 40kbs check your nat

DeanSupreme uk
11-07-2007, 19:39
I can host 14 on R6 if it's uk people...had a couple of Americans in last night and got a little bit of lag but for now it seems ok...Still wish it was 1meg upload:dozey:

simpsonsFAN
11-07-2007, 20:24
Thing is i cant even host 10 players, people suffer terrible lag and withing 30 seconds of opening my room 5 people have dropped out, i have the speed to host why cant i, anyone know?Do you have a router ? If so disconnect it and try hosting a game with the 360 connected directly to the cable modem.

-Chris

danjw
12-07-2007, 10:51
kk, my NAT settings are open, and my upload is very consistent

I think i need to get a technition in, as the install was poor

the brown box was broken... then from previous cust the box for the cable indoors was at the opposite end of where the tele is, he sent a wire from the to the tele, then my internet is plugged into a splitter, then it goues outsite where the stupid idiot dropped a paving slab on the cable - he "fixed" it then it goes to my bedroom, 4 breaks in the cable....... could i get a tech in for free? other wise im going to cancel and go on Be with there 24meg d/l 1.4meg u/l package

piggy
12-07-2007, 19:40
kk, my NAT settings are open, and my upload is very consistent

I think i need to get a technition in, as the install was poor

the brown box was broken... then from previous cust the box for the cable indoors was at the opposite end of where the tele is, he sent a wire from the to the tele, then my internet is plugged into a splitter, then it goues outsite where the stupid idiot dropped a paving slab on the cable - he "fixed" it then it goes to my bedroom, 4 breaks in the cable....... could i get a tech in for free? other wise im going to cancel and go on Be with there 24meg d/l 1.4meg u/l package

i wouldnt bother booking a tech, he might be a stupid idiot aswell!! do us all a favour and go to adsl :tu:

Graham M
12-07-2007, 19:57
i wouldnt bother booking a tech, he might be a stupid idiot aswell!! do us all a favour and go to adsl :tu:

punky
12-07-2007, 20:34

Enough of comments like that, thank you.

piggy
12-07-2007, 23:07
Enough of comments like that, thank you.

comments like what??? the first part was a quote and the second part a fact! or is it a free for all to abuse vm staff??

colin-bennett
12-07-2007, 23:35
comments like what??? the first part was a quote and the second part a fact! or is it a free for all to abuse vm staff??

well said

punky
13-07-2007, 00:20
We have always stood up for VM employees. Those who have been here long enough, know that. However comments including your "fact" will degenerate the thread to the point of closing.