PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Internet Connection

Ses
10-07-2007, 14:08
Hi, i am new to this forum so i am hoping someone will be able to help me.

The problem being that I am having intermitted internet connection that may only last 10 minutes. When I loose the connection I have to Shut Down my computer and pull out my broadband plug from the mains, leave it for 30 seconds and plug it back in, wait for it to settle then restart my computer. This then rectifies the connection till it goes again.

My broadband is with Virgin Media, I am unsure if it is my computer or Virgin Media, so I was wondering if you could advise me on whether you think that it could be my computer causing it or Virgin.

I have had a new Broadband Box and i connect straight into it, i have no Router.

I hope this makes sense ?

Ses

Richy99
10-07-2007, 15:34
are you using a set tob box or a cable mode to connect?

Roy MM
10-07-2007, 15:39
Could be an over heating problem, make sure your modem/STB is well ventilated, i had mine in a cabinet it was always losing connection, the engineer spotted the problem right away never happened again. HTH

r00t
10-07-2007, 15:46
ex ntl or telewest?

Ses
10-07-2007, 16:07
HI,

I am using a Set Top Box which sits on top of my PC Tower which is situated in a recess of my desk but is not fully encased.

Oh i am ex NTL

york
10-07-2007, 16:39
Connection stability is asbysmal for alot of people right now, most dont know it because they only download or browse which an intermittant connection doesnt really cause much of a problem.

If you play games online then you will notice how bad it is.

Since last thursday my connections between 9am-midnight is pathetic.