PDA

View Full Version : The End is Nigh...........So VM Say!!!

N3m3sis
09-07-2007, 23:55
Well, VM have closed the slow speeds ticket on the live status page and guess what? Yup, they have opened a new one with the same title, different number. They also have the cheek to put an estimated time to fix in it, HAH!

Ticket Number 507049 Time Stamp 09/07/2007 13:07 Priority P1 Status Opened Department Outage Surveillance Team Estimated Time Fix 15th July Customers Affected Broadband Internet Raised By Alistair Hughes Detailed Description We are aware that some of our XL Broadband (20Mbps) customers are experiencing disappointing download speeds at the moment. A small number of customers who've recently been upgraded have reported slower than expected speeds, which we're working hard to rectify. We will naturally investigate any individual reports to resolve one-off faults or localised issues. As the UK's largest home broadband provider, and winner of ISPA's Best Consumer Broadband ISP award, we want you to enjoy the fastest, widely available Internet access available.

My advice??? Dont hold your breath or you will suffocate!

bopdude
10-07-2007, 00:03
My advice??? Dont hold your breath or you will suffocate!

Is that possible :dozey:

palote
10-07-2007, 00:53
Please link...

Cheers :erm:

N3m3sis
10-07-2007, 01:20
Here you go............... http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/serviceissue.do?ticket=507049

Alto
10-07-2007, 06:27
Well, VM have closed the slow speeds ticket on the live status page and guess what? Yup, they have opened a new one with the same title, different number.

A cynic would suggest that they've done this to prevent a ticket being open for too long and adverseley affecting their fault resolution statistics....

Bill C
10-07-2007, 06:36
A cynic would suggest that they've done this to prevent a ticket being open for too long and adverseley affecting their fault resolution statistics....

;)

Paul K
10-07-2007, 07:18
Is that possible :dozey:

Depends on how many brain cells are in active use by the person holding their breath otherwise it's an automatic response lol

NTLVictim
10-07-2007, 08:45
Depends on how many brain cells are in active use by the person holding their breath otherwise it's an automatic response lol

A few VM managers are at risk, then..

brundles
10-07-2007, 09:05
It's not the first time they've been known to do that.

The thing that amuses me is the sale pitch in the P1 text rather than anything helpful about what they are doing to investigate.

Chris
10-07-2007, 09:42
It's not the first time they've been known to do that.

The thing that amuses me is the sale pitch in the P1 text rather than anything helpful about what they are doing to investigate.

You have to wonder whether that information is being managed by the techs or the PR department. :disturbd:

Incomplete
10-07-2007, 10:01
You have to wonder whether that information is being managed by the techs or the PR department. :disturbd:

Good to see them working hard to justify my earlier comments about being PR obsessed, indeed having PR on their service status page is pretty amusing.

It's even better when the PR is incorrect, BT are the largest residential provider as far as I am aware.

Anyway fairly vomit inducing bit of PR from a PR focussed and obsessed company. PR has no place on service status or any other technical support page :(

banjo
10-07-2007, 10:32
A few VM managers are at risk, then..

Wonderful :LOL:

Incomplete
10-07-2007, 15:00
A simple:

We are in consulation with suppliers/
We are continuing to investigate this issue/
We have a fix and will be rolling it out by 15th July/
We are testing a fix in cooperation with suppliers/
The fault is X and we are doing Y

Would be a tad better than 'Yes it's broken, but we're great so don't worry' :(

kabar
10-07-2007, 15:49
The fix time is probably to be inline for when they are sold to their new owner, then let them deal with the (all) problem(s).

:dozey:

Kabar

Ramrod
10-07-2007, 15:53
Depends on how many brain cells are in active use by the person holding their breath otherwise it's an automatic response lolActually, Dilli has a theory about that......it involves some people needing a walkman with a looped tape....:D

gunner81uk
10-07-2007, 19:20
The fix time is probably to be inline for when they are sold to their new owner, then let them deal with the (all) problem(s).

:dozey:

Kabar

I have to agree with your thinking :rolleyes: I wonder what VM class as " A small number of customers "?

Bill C
10-07-2007, 19:30
I have to agree with your thinking :rolleyes: I wonder what VM class as " A small number of customers "?

I think they found Mr Smith at no 56 had a problem, However after they had spent some time on to India it was decided that it was his router at fault so no fault found and they could close the ticket by the 15th.:rolleyes:

on in an hour!
10-07-2007, 19:42
I think they found Mr Smith at no 56 had a problem, However after they had spent some time on to India it was decided that it was his router at fault so no fault found and they could close the ticket by the 15th.:rolleyes:
mr smith lives at 54 bill,everybody knows that :D :D :D its old mrs argyle that lives at 56!!!

Bill C
10-07-2007, 19:46
mr smith lives at 54 bill,everybody knows that :D :D :D its old mrs argyle that lives at 56!!!

Wondered why Mr smith had a dress on but said nothing :).