PDA

View Full Version : Just what do you do?

pentode
09-07-2007, 16:14
I was without phone and Internet for a day and half, a few day's later I was without Internet and phone again.... so I complained, "Yes Sir, we'll give you a rebate".

The bill came and no rebate and that very afternoon.... yes you guessed it no Internet for the evening so ringing to complain again I was offered £2-00 off my next bill.

Now then I ended up using the nextdoors BT line and my mobile to try and sort something out, on all occassions I was given three incorrect 09 numbers to dial - not very happy especially when I discovered that calls aren't free on BT and that I wasted a completely new mobile top up.

So I sent three E-mails and wrote three letter's one I sent recorded delivery I am awaiting their response, I made it no secret that I wasn't going to pay the bill untill I hear from them at least.... and preferably with some resonable reimbursement.

I am very puzzled why Customer care suggested me to dial 150 and get through that way - this is all very well if the phone 'was' working, what utter shambles at least customer care could have got someone to ring me back.

My contract was with Blueyonder and now it's Virgin Media.

So just what do you do and how do you complain when the phones aren't working and what would you have done? I am considering going over to BT

Dave (pentode)

Taf
09-07-2007, 16:45
You could leave a message on their website feedback form, get an automated reply telling you they are busy and you will have to wait a few days.... which quickly turns into several days.... then into many days... then when you eventually get fed up and call them they say they never had a website feedback mesage from you ever....

Hugh
09-07-2007, 16:47
Unlike me, then...........

I sent them an email, then two weeks later, I got a call from a CS rep who tried to sort my problem; he couldn't (but he really tried), so he put me through to retentions (I didn't want a better deal, just a simpler one), who then sorted me out.

pentode
09-07-2007, 17:54
Leave a messsage uh, dya really think I haven't done that?

I left three towards the back end of June and I just left another 2 last Friday (6th July) and I'm still waiting for a reply....

....wished someone would go and check...!

Dave (pentode)

Hugh
09-07-2007, 18:01
Leave a messsage uh, dya really think I haven't done that?

I left three towards the back end of June and I just left another 2 last Friday (6th July) and I'm still waiting for a reply....

....wished someone would go and check...!

Dave (pentode)
Dave, pm one of the Mods - they have contacts in VM that may be able to help.

BigLarry
09-07-2007, 19:16
You just erm, cancel :D

pentode
09-07-2007, 19:28
Dave, pm one of the Mods - they have contacts in VM that may be able to help.

Thanks for your advice and reply.... shouldn't really have to scream or shout to get things done.

Wondering as an afterthought how my contract stood as I signed with Blueyonder... and I was never notified, this is not the issue though and if this problem is somehow related.

Blueyonder, Virgin Media are not the only pebble on the beach they are on the verge of losing a customer.

Apparently, I double posted elsewhere and should have known better and apologise for that.

Dave (pentode)