PDA

View Full Version : Is this a record??

Roy MM
08-07-2007, 16:50
I was on the phone this afternoon about a telephone related enquiry, 5-6 times put on hold to different agents, total nearly 45 minutes hold time, i was asking for the number of rings on my phone to be increased from three to something longer before it went to the voice mail so i can get to the phone in my wheelchair, not rocket science but was told it was not possible, later i was in the kitchen the phone rang, it was now about 5 rings before i got there, so it proves it can be altered, i would prefer about 10 rings though, i will phone tomorrow see if i can get a UK call centre, sorry but i could not understand alot of what was said today.

iglu
08-07-2007, 17:01
I think 7 rings is the maximum possible. And I am very sorry to tell you that you do not hold the record for being on hold with Carlyle Media/NTL/telewest/cabletel/"the name of the day" company

maths15
08-07-2007, 19:56
I was on the phone this afternoon about a telephone related enquiry, 5-6 times put on hold to different agents, total nearly 45 minutes hold time, i was asking for the number of rings on my phone to be increased from three to something longer before it went to the voice mail so i can get to the phone in my wheelchair, not rocket science but was told it was not possible, later i was in the kitchen the phone rang, it was now about 5 rings before i got there, so it proves it can be altered, i would prefer about 10 rings though, i will phone tomorrow see if i can get a UK call centre, sorry but i could not understand alot of what was said today.

Pah, that rubbish!

I was once on hold for 2 and a half hours to Orange before I even got to speak to anyone! Got free months rental out of afer I complained.

Stuart
08-07-2007, 21:37
My record?

Ended up with a subscription to Time Magazine that I most certainly didn't wan't.

Phoned Time Warner to cancel (using the premium rate number on the magazine). Waited 45 minutes listening to Simon and Garfunkel, only to get suddenly told that the line had closed for the evening.

So, next day, I phoned back. Waited 45 minutes again (while I have nothing against them, I wanted to kill Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel at that point), and eventually got through to a german guy. After a further ten minutes, he eventually agreed to cancel my subscription.

the-cable-guy
09-07-2007, 02:20
orange are alot better then VM which dont care & iv been on hold with VM for 3 hrs before i could speak to any1

orange are very easy to con & get things out of. if you ring them up for free tell then that you paid for the call & they give you free credit the fun part is that their systems are a few hours behind real time hehe

Rapid Dr3am
09-07-2007, 02:40
Most people who complain about being in a queue for hours call the wrong number.

the-cable-guy
09-07-2007, 03:52
thats not always the case

Rapid Dr3am
09-07-2007, 12:27
VM rings is easy if you want it extending you need chargeable VM that's £1.75 a month, then you need provisioning for ring increase up to 10 rings, so you strangely want faults as they have switch access unless the csr in cmc will call the ntc.

Roy MM
09-07-2007, 13:16
Well got through this morning and they promised to contact tech support to increase the number off rings to 8 at no charge, still waiting mind. :(