PDA

View Full Version : 20Mb Power Level / Frequency Question

Didzi
07-07-2007, 14:24
Looking at the 20Mb schedule page it mentions that my area, Yorkshire has been upgraded to 20Mb, however I have not seen any information in my modem log file to confirm this upgrade.

I would like to know if there is anyway of telling other than the log file as my connection is now ruuning at only 4Mb for some reason.

I have now connected the modem to the PC directly to rule out any router problem, but to no avail.

Please see the attachment below, which shows my frequency and power levels for upstream and downstream. Could any of these levels be affecting the connection?

The modem is a Motorola Surf Board SB5101E, which also has a FAT -6 attentuator connected to the back of it.

Many Thanks.

AbyssUnderground
07-07-2007, 15:39
The levels look fine. Post your configuration file as this is the best way of finding out what speed you are on.

jcardiff
07-07-2007, 15:39
have you tried unplugging your modem for a minute or two and restarting it, as that is needed to change speeds normally

Didzi
07-07-2007, 17:55
Sorry I forgot to add to the initial post that I have rebooted the modem on 5 different occasions and left it unplugged for about 5 mins before switching it back on.

Here is my config page. I have also tried different upstream IDS but to no avail.

Here is my modem log file,which includes many erorrs

EDIT: Should the DHCP server be enabled? and also be enabled when connected to a router?