PDA

View Full Version : Oh no!, Not another 20Mb upgrade question

ShadOLUrk
06-07-2007, 14:55
Just wondering if any techies can confirm which area i'm connected to.

I'm in West Bromwich, B71 area.. am i right to assume that I'm connected via

Birmingham (Perry Barr) (to be upgraded in July)?

Shad.

icestar2
06-07-2007, 14:57
All area and dates can be found here.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/faster/schedule.html

ShadOLUrk
06-07-2007, 15:07

I can't see anything specifically relating to West Bromwich....

DarkGashX
06-07-2007, 17:35
Just wondering if any techies can confirm which area i'm connected to.

I'm in West Bromwich, B71 area.. am i right to assume that I'm connected via

Birmingham (Perry Barr) (to be upgraded in July)?

Shad.

Click connection at the top of Cable Forum and copy your host, removing your customer number of course.

For example mine is: cpc2-grim1-0-0-custXXX.nott.cable.ntl.com

The NOTT in mine means I am connected ot Nottingham which has 20Mbit now.

ShadOLUrk
09-07-2007, 19:37
Mine is : MYIP.cable.ubr01.sand.blueyonder.co.uk

Which I believe would relate to "Sandwell"...

but sandwell is not listed on the rollout plan.:confused:

NatTelford
09-07-2007, 23:03

Not been here to long but are comments like this not really annoying? i mean he/she has checked the list and has brought a question to the board after doing so? Im in Telford area please point that out to me on your schedule/ Sorry if this comes accross harsh and maybe i have not seen comments like this as much as i think i have but its really freakin annoying and not useful At ALL!!!! moan over

Maggy
10-07-2007, 00:12
It's a bit much,when someone has taken the trouble to try and find some answers for someone, for others to bitch about the quality of help...After all no one gets paid for helping here.It has the tendency to make people not bother if people are just going to complain.

And frankly it's likely to be the only offer of help that the OP gets.

icestar2
10-07-2007, 00:36
It's a bit much,when someone has taken the trouble to try and find some answers for someone, for others to bitch about the quality of help...After all no one gets paid for helping here.It has the tendency to make people not bother if people are just going to complain.

And frankly it's likely to be the only offer of help that the OP gets.
:clap::clap::clap:

Not been here to long but are comments like this not really annoying? i mean he/she has checked the list and has brought a question to the board after doing so? Im in Telford area please point that out to me on your schedule/ Sorry if this comes accross harsh and maybe i have not seen comments like this as much as i think i have but its really freakin annoying and not useful At ALL!!!! moan over.

Am sorry but thats the best I could do with the information provided. I was just trying to point the OP in the right direction. I dont work for VM and so thats the best help I could offer.