PDA

View Full Version : Problem after problem VM sux!

the-cable-guy
06-07-2007, 06:06
Right i first got NTL when i lived in my home town of Stoke on Trent. Not long after i had it installed it kept cutting out so after many calls to advisers (more like clueless) in India they sorted the problem.

I then moved to a Telewest area & the problems got worse. I arranged to have my service transfered but this never happened for two weeks. Anyways when someone finaly came out i had to pay £25 fee all over again which i wasnt happy about ! After checking my bank statments it turned out that NTL had been trying to charge me up2 four times a month for my service & had event tried to charge me twice after id moved to a Telewest area. Telewest did the same & tried to charge me up2 four times a month ! As a result iv been made over £300 out of pocket due to bank charges. Some months they even thried to charge me not just morre then once but £44 in one go wtf !?! Both companies to his day say that they havent done so. So after many calls & being put on hold & hung up on. Even one guy said that its not his problem, they told me to write in & send copies of my bank statements in. So i did so & after a month of hearing nothing they claim to of never of receieved them. Then cuz i was late paying one bill (cuz id lostt my job) they cut me off & said that if i didnt pay id be taken to court. Next one of there sales time rang me to offer me other services & after telling him how pist off i am with VM he even said himself that i should go with someone else! He then said that i owed £60 & that he cant figure out way this is? So i got my old man to ring them for me & they re-connected me & dropped the £60, but yet again they claim that they have no record of their overcharging me & to right in, which im in the prosess of doing, but i aint holding my breath after last time. The only thing that makes me not so mad is that cuz of them overcharging me the bank got the extra money & not VM but its stil left me over £300 out of pocket & VM should refund me the money. Also the service is very poor & ofter cuts off or becomes every slow.

Well once my 12 months contract is up im going else where cuz i wouldnt treat a dog the way that they have treated me! Not just that but its given me alot of stress & family problems.

DABhand
06-07-2007, 09:09
Time for legal action my friend.

Contact a solicitor or even your local CAB, and get them to talk to your bank and have the bank also send documents to VM.

But its gonna be pure luck if you see it back, because NTL and TW technically dont exist and its now VM, so they can claim they didnt know about your bank charges and its upto the old defunct companies. And so on.

Its a shame you didnt put your foot down at the time it happened, and also with your bank - but there is a law out there about unlawful bank/credit card charges so seek legal advice on that, they may totally remove that £300 debt because of it.

But try with VM anyways, you never know perhaps you will get lucky :)

Let us know the outcome.

PS: To other users, this is why I keep saying you have to stand up for your rights, you cant just sit back and let things happen or it will go wrong.

If your not happy about a decision, take action then and there and speak up or you may end up in a worse off position.

xpod
06-07-2007, 09:26
Sorry to hear your woes.You need to give this mob a kick in the backside by the sounds of it:)
We`ve had more than a few billing problems ourselves over the last 16 months or so.Everything from the wrong bank accounts being accessed to double payments being taken, and of course charges for services we should get free....to name but a few.

The best thing to do when s**t like that happens is to get the relevant bank statements together,take copies of them and post them into VM via registered mail.....with a nice letter outlining the issues too of course.Get names of people you speak to on the phone btw.

If you have proof of all these excess charges etc then theres no reason why you should`nt be able to claim them back.If you still aint getting any joy it`s though then it`s probably time to take things a step further.
I know it`s a all right royal pain in the backside but ......well,s**t happens.
The problems we`ve had over the months have only ended up costing VM at the end of the day so i dont really mind them too much in hindsight.

Give em hell;)

EDIT: jeez....how long did i take to write that???...lol

the-cable-guy
09-07-2007, 00:06
wel im gona send em copies again but failing tht what should i do ?
i just lost my job so i dont have the money to pay for lawers etc

Stuart
09-07-2007, 00:35
Raindance-rob, if you PM me your Name, address, account number and a contact phone number, I'll refer this to the our site contacts.

the-cable-guy
09-07-2007, 01:23
ok will do

---------- Post added at 00:23 ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 23:42 ----------

have sent ya a details thanks

the-cable-guy
10-07-2007, 22:09
im stil waiting

WHISTLED
10-07-2007, 22:12
Be patient who ever Stuart contacted does it as a favour not because they have to!

Horace
10-07-2007, 22:49
Ha! First he admits (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11/33617278-analogue-tv-former-telewest-area.html) to illegally receiving pay-tv and considers an even more illegal approach to get more channels asking for advice on the matter in this forum.Then he gives his personal details to the forum admin. I hope that whoever Stuart gave the details to has the word fraud in their department title.

Alto
11-07-2007, 14:15
:disturbd:

Right son - YOU'RE NICKED

now what would be a suitable punishment??

free broadband for a month?

2 weeks for good behaviour?

Chris
11-07-2007, 14:46
But its gonna be pure luck if you see it back, because NTL and TW technically dont exist and its now VM, so they can claim they didnt know about your bank charges and its upto the old defunct companies. And so on.

Absolutely not true. NTL and Telewest merged, then the merged company bought a licence to use the Virgin brand. It is the same company, continuously trading, and is liable for any and all cock-ups like the one reported by the OP.

Rob, have you asked your bank about recovering the incorrect payments under the Direct Debit Guarantee? There's nothing quite like getting a bank involved in your case if you can manage it. They are experts at screwing the cash back out of the likes of NTL/Telewest/Virgin Media.

the-cable-guy
22-07-2007, 16:21
well my bank wouldnt help me, but after many calls to VM & them getting my statements this time they've given me credit on my account of £302 (which is what they owe me), so iv got free internet for over 112 months & wehen i do have to pay for it, it'l only cost me £22 a month. however im going to ring them on monday & try to get them to give me 10 (now 20) mb as compensation, even if its only till iv used all of my £302 credit that i have off of my bills

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

well my bank wouldnt help me, but after many calls to VM & them getting my statements this time they've given me credit on my account of £302 (which is what they owe me), so iv got free internet for over 12 months & wehen i do have to pay for it, it'l only cost me £22 a month. however im going to ring them on monday & try to get them to give me 10 (now 20) mb as compensation, even if its only till iv used all of my £302 credit that i have off of my bills

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

o & they tried to say that i owed them £160 wtf !

i always pay my bills on time

Mick Fisher
22-07-2007, 17:20
Glad to hear you got your account sorted out. :)

the-cable-guy
22-07-2007, 17:39
yep tuk long enuff tho

xpod
22-07-2007, 17:57
If they actually took more money than they should have then i`d be demanding my cash back i think!!:)
Of course if your happy with the outcome then thats all that really matters.
Are you sure it`s 112 months(nearly 9 years) for your £300 though:erm:
That sounds like the deal of the century if it is:)

I`d squeeze them for every last penny too if i`d had that kinda hassle mind you.

oops,i forgot.....i already have

EDIT:I see it now...lol

the-cable-guy
23-07-2007, 14:01
soz i ment 12 months not 112 i typed it rong soz

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

well the funny fing is that they never got any extra money from me, the bank did so VM have lost out big time !