PDA

View Full Version : vtruckdbg error

Flyboysam2003
04-07-2007, 16:29
:Yikes:
I have a strange problem with a customers PC. A virgin media modem was originally configured with a USB cable (strange!) and works fine. Never the less they have decided to go wireless.

In order to do this I need to recconfigure the modem to ethernet. everytime I try to do this and run the CD, I get a vtruckdbg error message and the installation shuts down.

I have checked the msconfig file for outstanding installs and there aren't any. Has anyone had this problem and if so how was it resolved.

Many thanks
Dino

Richy99
04-07-2007, 17:02
you dont need the disk if you are using ethernet or wireless

shut the modem down, unplug the usb and then plug it into the router and power them both up

Flyboysam2003
05-07-2007, 11:48
Thanks Richy

That was the first thing I did and failing all I tried the CD to reconfigure the cable modem itself.

Have XP Pro and it doesn't even pick the modem up, including after un-installaing the USB features and removing all registery enteries!

Confused

anduin
05-07-2007, 12:48
You are definately trying too hard ....

connect the modem by ethernet to the pc... turn the modem off for now...

go into the network connection on the pc , in the tcp/ip properties tell it to get IP automatically - same for DNS server addresses.

Turn on the modem, wait a minute or so, it should all just 'work' nicely.

Richy99
05-07-2007, 13:26
Thanks Richy

That was the first thing I did and failing all I tried the CD to reconfigure the cable modem itself.

Have XP Pro and it doesn't even pick the modem up, including after un-installaing the USB features and removing all registery enteries!

Confused

are you able to hard wire into the router to see if it obtaining a valid ip address ?