PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Problem.. 20mbps

neonball
03-07-2007, 14:03
Just wondering if anyone can help.

I joined Virgin a few months ago, I am on 2mpbs at the moment. I called up to upgrade to 20mbps, it never happened. after about 10 days and 5 calls later it turns out the the modem is blocking the request for the upgrade.
Technical didn't seem interested in helping me and just cept telling me that they can't perform upgrades even though I was just trying to diagnose the problem.

Anyway before i keep trying I just wondering if anyone has had this problem or any advice.

I have a wireless router connected to the Virgin Modem which could potentially be a complication.

Thanks in advance

Sirpingalot
03-07-2007, 14:20
This will sound incredibly stupid, and I'm sure you have...but have you rebooted the modem?

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:20 ----------

Also, try it without the router..

neonball
03-07-2007, 15:13
Tried re-booting the modem, nothing happens. Can't disconnect the router as the computer is upstairs, I saying i should try this when the try to perform the upgrade??

nyawton
03-07-2007, 15:50
Im pritty sure the upgrade should go through as normal regardless of what is connected to the modem?

Even so if i was you i would bring the pc downstairs and plug it straight into the modem, this would rule out any issues at your end and force them to pull ther fingers out.. Did they tell you tho modem is blocking the upgrade request? if so they have already addmitted there equipment is at fault ,,,thus an engineer should come out and sort the problem, also should conferm upgrade afterwards.

Oh and also i upgraded ,,,,they insisted there was no problem.....after days turned into weeks i finally got a honest support staff that admitted the previous numpty at the service centre simply did not complet the upgrade procedure thus leaving me on 3mb instad of 10mb,,,,Just a thought :p

Danny

neonball
03-07-2007, 17:45
Thanks alot, i will try calling them one more time!! it depends on the luck of the draw of who i get lumbered with.

if nothing changes I will drag my computer downstairs. Will keep you updated!

Mick Fisher
03-07-2007, 17:49
Can you no longer upgrade on line?