PDA

View Full Version : Williams v Hantuchova

Cobbydaler
02-07-2007, 21:50
What do people think of Williams' performance against Hantuchova?

Personally, I think it's one of the worst examples of gamesmanship I've ever seen.

I could sort of believe she was injured in some way, until she lost a particular point fairly soon after they resumed... She then jumped up & down on her supposedly damaged calf muscle & smashed her racket into the ground.

To cap it all, she later claimed she was desperate for a toilet break before Hantuchova's serve. The umpire told her she would have to wait until the next game interval, before her own serve. Lo & behold when that game finished she didn't need the bathroom anymore... Until the break after when Hantuchova was due to serve again... :td:

Admittedly Hantuchova bottled it & should have moved Williams around the court more at the beginning of the final set, but nevertheless... :(

yesman
03-07-2007, 00:59
What do people think of Williams' performance against Hantuchova?

Personally, I think it's one of the worst examples of gamesmanship I've ever seen.

I could sort of believe she was injured in some way, until she lost a particular point fairly soon after they resumed... She then jumped up & down on her supposedly damaged calf muscle & smashed her racket into the ground.

To cap it all, she later claimed she was desperate for a toilet break before Hantuchova's serve. The umpire told her she would have to wait until the next game interval, before her own serve. Lo & behold when that game finished she didn't need the bathroom anymore... Until the break after when Hantuchova was due to serve again... :td:

Admittedly Hantuchova bottled it & should have moved Williams around the court more at the beginning of the final set, but nevertheless... :(

I have to admit it did seem all a bit of a sham.
For gamesmanship, Serena won hands down, at one point I thought it was all staged.
My money is on Mauresmo to win the title. :tu:
If my prediction doesn't put the mockers on it, nothing will :)

smiffing
03-07-2007, 07:31
The Williams sisters are a past force, it's all now down to gamesmanship!

Cobbydaler
03-07-2007, 07:49
Henin or Mauresmo for me...

Although Henin has been known to be a bit dodgy on the injury gamesmanship front in the past!

yesman
03-07-2007, 17:29
My money is on Mauresmo to win the title. :tu:
If my prediction doesn't put the mockers on it, nothing will :)

Like I said (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/6264824.stm) :rolleyes:

Next time I won't say anything :)

gazzae
03-07-2007, 17:34
Beauty V Beast

Cobbydaler
03-07-2007, 18:06
Beauty V Beast

That applies to the Williams & the Mauresmo matches!! :D