PDA

View Full Version : Faulty Connector

UncleBooBoo
02-07-2007, 17:35
Hi,

After some advice, I recently had an install done and everything seemed to be fine! However my tv was going funny last night so I called faults and was intructed to try a reboot but no joy so the lady asked me to check the cables going into the back of the box. When I moved the box to do this the white cable with the screw connector on the end well the screw thing was not on the end of the cable but it was on the box! (Does that make sense?)

I know this is down to the installer not fitting it correctly but the lady said I have to pay to get ir repaired only though I moved the box because she told me too not forgeting I was only installed last wednesday!

Anyway no way am i paying, can i just put a screw type connector like you get with sky? I have some in my tool box, will this cause any problems?

ladyboy
02-07-2007, 18:54
they say it does cause problems but then they also said they were going to charge you which they shouldnt its not your fault it hasnt been put on properly...it should work fine just make sure you havnt got any of the silver braiding touching the copper core.

UncleBooBoo
02-07-2007, 20:23
they say it does cause problems but then they also said they were going to charge you which they shouldnt its not your fault it hasnt been put on properly...it should work fine just make sure you havnt got any of the silver braiding touching the copper core.

Thanks for the reply, I have now put the screw on F connector on and I made sure the outer wire was not touching the inner wire. everything is now working fine! Thought I better ask just in case after all it was not my fault and I don't see why I should pay for poor workmanship!

Not that I am slagging off the enginner it was just one of those things, could happen to anyone!

mmm
02-07-2007, 20:35
No way was it your fault, the installer should have used a compression crimp fitting that would have to be cut off if applied correctly - clearly a botched install!

UncleBooBoo
02-07-2007, 20:42
He did use one and the cable on my modem was fine as well as the other end of the cable on the digibox!

Can't really blame him, however I do blame virgin media for trying to charge me to get it fixed! :(

Never Mind

piggy
06-07-2007, 19:22
No way was it your fault, the installer should have used a compression crimp fitting that would have to be cut off if applied correctly - clearly a botched install!

clearly a botched install???????? or possibly a mistake! you presume to much:td: