PDA

View Full Version : General Questions

boldfire
01-07-2007, 23:48
If we got Virgin Media we'd get 20mb broadband with the cheapest phone option. We noticed that this comes with free tv.

My question is basically I'm wondering if we could be cheeky enough for them to install this.

1) Place for broadband in the hall.
2) Place for the free tv in my bedroom (upstairs).
3) Place for tv we will get in the future in my brothers room next to me (upstairs).
4) Place for tv where we might get V+ later on in the living room?

Is it possible for them to do this?

Also, if we wanted tv in my brothers room also would it literally be a case of buying a box of ebay and plugging it in? Or do you need to get a card and activate/pay extra?

chickendippers
02-07-2007, 00:25
I don't know if they'll install future wiring for you, it may depend if you get a nice engineer and how many more appointments he's got on your install day. Butter him up; offer cups of tea, cake etc and perhaps you'll get lucky, but they might not be allowed to.

You can't buy cable boxes off ebay and plug them in I'm afraid (there's a reason they're only on ebay and not in high-street shops). The ones on ebay are illegal as the boxes belong to VM and aren't theirs to sell, they won't work anyway.

Additional boxes are £9.50/month each and I believe an installation charge of £25. Additional boxes have the same services as your first set top box.