PDA

View Full Version : Photo ID help needed!!!!

Skweeky
01-07-2007, 21:55
Hey

In a pickle. Just bought a nice new flat for myself and thought everything was going great until my solicitor has told me I require Photo ID for them to progress with everything. Arghh!!! They are looking for passport or photo driving license. Now as an adult I have never had a passport so this is out and I only have my old style paper licence. Fair enough I can change this over but to do this I need my birth certificate. Ok, I can go get this tomorrow, but they also say further checks may be needed.

Can anyone suggest any ideas to speed the process of my photo ID?

Angua
01-07-2007, 22:20
Hey

In a pickle. Just bought a nice new flat for myself and thought everything was going great until my solicitor has told me I require Photo ID for them to progress with everything. Arghh!!! They are looking for passport or photo driving license. Now as an adult I have never had a passport so this is out and I only have my old style paper licence. Fair enough I can change this over but to do this I need my birth certificate. Ok, I can go get this tomorrow, but they also say further checks may be needed.

You may even be able to get a photo driving licence for free if you are changing address, but you will need someone like a Doctor or local councillor to sign the photo to say you are you, but no birth certificate IIRC.

homealone
01-07-2007, 22:22
Hey

Not sure whether this would be acceptable, but if you are on the electoral roll & can provide an utility bill confirming your name at the registered address, plus the birth certificate, could you get a notary public to certify that any photo was a true likeness of yourself, as the person you are?

Otherwise it looks like 3 weeks to get a photo licence....

- or, Mick, one of the forum admins, did find getting a passport quicker than he expected, recently. But you do run the risk of being called for an 'assessment' as a new applicant - and it is a lot more expensive than a driving licence - although there are good reasons for getting one now, as the rules change, again, soon ;)

Skweeky
02-07-2007, 00:36
Thanks for the suggestions. Will head into Glasgow tomorrow to get my Birth Certificate and send away for the photo driving licence. Fingers crossed my solicitor and the seller of the flat will wait.

smiffing
02-07-2007, 02:20
This smacks of a pre runner to ID cards!

Skweeky
03-07-2007, 16:50
Wohoo!!! All is fine. They said as I had just about every other form of ID then a photo was not required.
Thanks again for suggestions.......Now does anyone know a good damp speciailist hehe.