PDA

View Full Version : Internet connection problem...

Chrono316
01-07-2007, 11:54
Hi all.

I've been having problems with my internet since Saturday morning. After about 30 minutes of use the connection will cut off. I'll then have to leave my modem unplugged for about 5 minutes in order to get back on the net. Normally I just reset my router if the connection drops but I'm still getting a normal network connection with it. I've also tried connecting without the router and I get the same problem, so I'm guessing the router isn't to blame this time round.

I used to be on Telewest, and I've (apparently) been upgraded to 20Mb recently. I've checked out the VM service status and there's no news of any problems in my area (Carshalton, SM5), so i'm not sure if it's just me having problems round here. I haven't got to the point where I wanna ring up customer services, looked through a few more threads and by the looks of things they'll just blame it on my router (even though i'm certain it's not the problem).

:confused:

ArcticFox
01-07-2007, 11:57
Everyones having problems, Im being limited to 30kb/s on average today in Blackburn Lancashire, and my mate in Burnley has been having problems since Friday.

Chrono316
01-07-2007, 12:06
Well I'm kinda relieved that it's not just me with problems, means it's possible I didn't brake anything.

VM have been nothing but trouble since we we started using their services. :sleep:

Hugh
01-07-2007, 12:24
To be fair, some people are having problems, some are not - the ones who aren't don't post the fact (very often) - I am in Leeds, with no problems.

Hope your problems get resolved (quickly).

Safeman
01-07-2007, 13:49
i didnt have any poblems m8 its just hit me in the last few weeks thats VM for you

wingnut
01-07-2007, 17:20
i didnt have any poblems m8 its just hit me in the last few weeks thats VM for you

im in darlington in county durham for the last 2 weeks ive been on 2 meg instead of 4 meg been intouch with virgin media but all they want is your money for the crap service they supply they call it traffic managment i call it a pain in the butt:mad:

epy
03-07-2007, 09:50
im also having trbl with loosing connection it happened 10 times yesterday its doing my head in now
the modem lights stay on which means still connected and the only way i get back on is to unplug the power from modem for cpl mins

spankysmagicpian
03-07-2007, 10:21
Seems like us in the north are the ones with the problems at the moment :(

gazza54
03-07-2007, 10:57
Hi ya guys
We have been having trouble for 4 weeks we have had a technician out spoken to vm which is just a waste of time. we are supposed to have 10mb broadband and we receive less than quarter of a 1 mb so yes they are out to get you. and they have you bound over really cause if you dont have a bt line no other service provider will put their internet through your vm line. there has been no apologis we are giving it another week if it isnt resolved they can go and take a jump.

Bonglet
03-07-2007, 11:59
just give me my stable service back is all i want, do away with the jokey traffic shaping and bump the epeen speed back down and give us a stable connection thats what we are paying for not guinea pig tests that dont seem to work.

epy
04-07-2007, 13:05
well after 3 phone calls it seems virgin media no longer value customers as i said i cant affor to pay you 25p per min to talk to tech support about this and was advised to go throo to disconections ohh well bt or sky here i come