PDA

View Full Version : Cable Type Query

ka1zers0ze
29-06-2007, 09:14
Hello,

I need some advice with regards to the following. Any help would be much appreciated.

I am looking to re-route my existing ntl modem connection from the front room to the back bedroom. Do i just need anytype of Coax cable or is there a particular cable speficification that i require.

Many thanks.

Graham M
29-06-2007, 09:16
You would need to use something like RG11 with the proper connectors, your best bet would be to ask a passing NTL/VM Engineer!

mmm
29-06-2007, 09:50
If you can route the coax internally you may be able to get a long white coax from an 'ntl' installer with ready made crimp connectors on each end, leaving the internal wall box where it is.

Messing with the coax side yourself likely to give you and your neighbours problems in the future and will be obvious when they come to investigate the fault and find dodgy cable/ connectors.

Much better to leave the modem where it is an run Cat5 UTP Ethernet cable on the internal network side.

fizgog
29-06-2007, 10:59
Just leave it were it is and plug it into a wireless router, thats what I did and I can access internet from any room in the house :) and even when I'm sat in the garden having a beer if it's not raining.

hokkers999
29-06-2007, 20:47
Hello,

I need some advice with regards to the following. Any help would be much appreciated.

I am looking to re-route my existing ntl modem connection from the front room to the back bedroom. Do i just need anytype of Coax cable or is there a particular cable speficification that i require.

Many thanks.

I had mine moved by NTL (as was) as I now work from home so also needed the phone connection to be there. cost me £25.