PDA

View Full Version : cache removal?

nutellajunkie
28-06-2007, 13:00
This page says it all, though I never notice any slow browsing, some of you may find the link useful/amusing.

http://cache-removal.virginmedia.com/

bopdude
28-06-2007, 13:01
This page says it all, though I never notice any slow browsing, some of you may find the link useful/amusing.

Might do if there was a link :shrug: :D

nutellajunkie
28-06-2007, 13:02
sorry dude, I guess I was too excited about having no transparent proxy, that I went completely transparent!

bopdude
28-06-2007, 13:05
sorry dude, I guess I was too excited about having no transparent proxy, that I went completely transparent!

LOL, no worries :D

Vegeta
29-06-2007, 04:02
New webcache!

Address: webcache.virginmedia.com

Port: 8080

Use it if you have browsing issues.

Pity there isn't as much as there was before, it was so easy bypassing Rapidshares download limit too :D

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/trancache.html#ntl <- R.I.P

JPAC
29-06-2007, 12:45
So all those proxies are unusable now, is there a new list to use?

Toto
29-06-2007, 13:31
New webcache!

Pity there isn't as much as there was before, it was so easy bypassing Rapidshares download limit too :D

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/trancache.html#ntl <- R.I.P

So all those proxies are unusable now, is there a new list to use?

Yeh, the one listed above :D

JPAC
29-06-2007, 13:34
All I get if I use webcache.virginmedia.com is
Forbidden
You were denied access because:

Access denied by access control list.

Toto
29-06-2007, 14:29
Ahh, may not be live yet then perhaps?

allanprg
29-06-2007, 15:42
I can still use the proxy server list. Just used the swansea one also used the viginmedia one also,just to see if it works. They both work fine. Back to direct now.;)

Vegeta
29-06-2007, 22:44
All I get if I use webcache.virginmedia.com is
Forbidden
You were denied access because:

Access denied by access control list.

Thats because maybe you are trying to enter it as a website instead of entering it into Internet Explorer / FireFox settings?

JPAC
30-06-2007, 07:41
No, it's because it doesn't work.

Toto
30-06-2007, 09:14
No, it's because it doesn't work.

No, it works, its just that the ACL in place is preventing access from certain IP addresses.

For those who don't know, or don't like acronyms, A(ccess) C(ontrol) L(ist)

To prove that it works, I tried it from my ex NTL connection.

Your IP address is 213.107.***.***
Host cpc1-s*******.cable.ntl.com
Your Proxy IP address is 195.188.152.10

JPAC
30-06-2007, 11:23
No, it works, its just that the ACL in place is preventing access from certain IP addresses.

For those who don't know, or don't like acronyms, A(ccess) C(ontrol) L(ist)

To prove that it works, I tried it from my ex NTL connection.

Your IP address is 213.107.***.***
Host cpc1-s*******.cable.ntl.com
Your Proxy IP address is 195.188.152.10

Thanks for your reply Toto, I'm not sure what these 'certain IP addresses' are, presumably mine is one of them. I'm using a Firefox extension that lets you use proxy servers, so I've included webcache.virginmedia.com:8080 but cannot access any of my bookmarks and I get the 'Forbidden You were denied access because: Access denied by access control list.' I use it to work around the Rapidshare link delay problem, are there any other workarounds available when all the ex-ntl proxies are decommissioned?

Data
30-06-2007, 23:30
New webcache!

Works a treat!! Thank you Vegata, you restored my sanity. :tu:
Is this a permanent replacement setup? The proxy comes up as: cache-farm-3.
:notopic:
For the rapidshare problem, which annoyed me too, there are quite a few VM proxies that still work. Non VM, as usual are mainly slow, though down under, where they appear similar to VM's, they're at reasonable speed.:D
Proxy switcher pro is your friend. As Is universal share downloader. :nworthy: