PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Help

MadGamer
25-06-2007, 21:50
Hi there peeps, i bought two CD's for my dad as a fathers day present, over a week ago. Now Paypal says that the payment was supposed to clear today, but it still hasnt. What do i do about this? The funds have gone out of my bank account by the way, and were taken on 20/06/07 and was supposed to clear by today but they havent.

Advice please.

Paul
25-06-2007, 21:56
Why are you asking us, you need to contact Paypal.

MadGamer
25-06-2007, 21:58
Im simply asking because i want some advice from others if they have been in the same situation as i have.

Paul
25-06-2007, 22:04
Im simply asking because i want some advice from others

you need to contact Paypal.

Only they can help you. :)

simon9975
25-06-2007, 22:14
Its a common way no with paypal,you pay with your c/c ans it takes anything from 9-14 working days to clear the other end,

so normal way it goes is,the buyer asks the seller why the item hasnt arrived,simple answer is,payment has not cleared.

Dont know why paypal take so long.

xpod
25-06-2007, 22:32
Paypal are **** takers who like to hold on to your cash as long as possible.
Amonst other instances of them taking ages to transfer cash, i recently paid for an item thinking i had the exact £7.74 in paypal but it turned out i only had £7.47(dont laugh).
Rather than just paying the bloke the £7.47 that he was happy to take they decided to pay him the full amount with an e-check of some sort and made him wait while they took 11 days transferring the money from my bank.

cookie_365
26-06-2007, 10:40
Did you pay by e-cheque by mistake? If so, it'll take ages.

This happened to me when my credit card reached its expiry date and I forgot to update my Paypal account with the new card info.

MadGamer
26-06-2007, 13:19
Did you pay by e-cheque by mistake? If so, it'll take ages.

This happened to me when my credit card reached its expiry date and I forgot to update my Paypal account with the new card info. I did pay by echeque. Is there another method then. Do i have to have funds in my Paypal account for immediate payment. How do i change this option?

fizgog
26-06-2007, 13:30
You need to transfer some money, probably from your bank account into your paypal account, before you bid for anything. There should be some sort of transfer button in your paypal account.

Downside to this is that Paypal will more than likely making interest on this until you purchase something from ebay :(

MadGamer
26-06-2007, 13:53
Ok ill put my hands up, it was my fault, i forgot to add my Solo Debit Card to my account.

Jules
26-06-2007, 13:55
Oh well we all live and learn :tu:

lauzjp
26-06-2007, 14:05
I hate paypal. Like said above - sometimes it just seems to take absolutely ages for funds to clear even when there are funds in the paypal account it sends echeques, etc. And two people I know have had their accounts hijacked.

A lot of people only deal in paypal though - which is really annoying, especially when no-one else is bidding on something I want! :mad:

Luckily I have managed to convince several 'paypal only' auctions to take a cheque or postal order :angel: