PDA

View Full Version : Severn trent are a bunch of .....

Central
25-06-2007, 18:50
Idiots.

Our water pressure has dropped so low its not triggering the boiler for hot water so we are not getting any hot water at all. We have a 11 month baby in the house.

We got told we are not priority and someone will be out in 7 days. Surely no hot water and with a 11 month old. When we flush the toilet it takes 10 minutes to fill up. And while its filling up we cant use any taps.

There is work going on with the water pipes but one side of my neighbours are fine. No one in the other side but I dont know what pipes each side is provided from.

Any advice?

Cheers

Paul
25-06-2007, 19:34
Any advice?Saucepan or Kettle to boil some water.

Wicked_and_Crazy
25-06-2007, 19:47
Is your neighbours supply ok? If so id check your stop cocks

(might be near to the phone exchange but not close to the pond ;))

Slyder
25-06-2007, 21:23
We got told we are not priority and someone will be out in 7 days.

This is crazy. I work at National Grid and if were dealing with children or the elderly they automatically become a priority and our service levels to them are within 24hrs

Nugget
25-06-2007, 21:47
This is crazy. I work at National Grid and if were dealing with children or the elderly they automatically become a priority and our service levels to them are within 24hrs

I suppose that the problem is that Be* does have water, just at extremely low pressure. As such, he's still in a position to heat water if required :shrug:

I'm not saying it's right but, with the trouble there's been today, the priority may be getting rid of floodwater etc...

EDIT: As W&C says, it could well be that playing around with your stopcock sorts the problem slightly. Anyway, if it doesn't improve the situation, I understand that playing around with it normally makes you feel better ;)

Central
26-06-2007, 15:59
I did actually try the stop cock yesterday about 8pm and it worked. I am guessing we was at low pressure anyway but the works made it even lower. Now the toilet fills in minutes and the shower could clean slabs :D

Thanks guys