PDA

View Full Version : Extreme frustrations and problems with my NTL cable since they merged in February..

Libertine
25-06-2007, 18:34
Hi,

For a few years my NTL cable was good, reliable and rarely let me down. This all changed at the exact time when NTL and Virgin merged, my connection can only be described as appalling at the moment.

Since February i have had extreme latency on my line at all times, i get intermittent disconnections where i am required to unplug the modem for a second or two and plug it back in for the Internet to start working again. Complete loss of download capabilities whilst still being able to browse the Internet.

This is a last ditch attempt to find out the problem as I am 99.9% sure NTL cannot or will not fix the problem. I have had 2 engineers out to my house, one of them on two separate occasions only to be told he couldn't fix the problem at my end. I have had 3 different modems and multiple MAC addresses to make sure my modem isn't being cloned.

The service and customer service at the moment as i stated is appalling and being told i cannot speak to a technician in Swansea which leaves me with trying to explain server IP numbers to some random worker in India is just too much.

Edit: I live in Scunthorpe which is the DN16 area.

Anyone else have any idea's on how i can prove to NTL that their service makes BT look fantastic or am i screwed?

ukxenon
25-06-2007, 18:56
Not too long ago i went through the same thing here in Mexborough i ended up geting some guy in networks on the phone and he made it his personal mission to get things sorted for me but i am in a ex telewest erea so people actualy cared in CS.

Libertine
25-06-2007, 21:48
I have got through to Swansea once and the guy did want to help, he just wasn't successful. The problems are so frustrating especially when i try to download from webpages as the downloads tend to stop soon as my download capability stops briefly (1-2 mins) so i have to restart the process all over.

Also because i play games online i get affected by the latency and ventrillo is a nightmare, i either get random disconnections or it goes quiet for about 2-3 minutes then i get 2-3 mins of chat all played back in about 10-15 seconds, my friends can hear me fine but i cant hear them which again signals to my loss of download capabilities.

Libertine
26-06-2007, 16:06
Anyone from VM here who can help?

janipewter
26-06-2007, 16:14
Funny thing that, my service went from excellent to absolutely terrible in the same week that VM took over.

Strange coincidences.