PDA

View Full Version : Finally, some answers from VM

myriauk
25-06-2007, 14:52
Thank you to the person I spoke to on the phone, I forgot to ask for your name but thank you, you were the most helpful woman ever on the end of a phone.

To the point.
As some of you are aware, my connection as well as some of your own connections are either being traffic shaped, or simply don't perform to there capacity.

I phoned up Billing to talk to them about my Bill (Customer relations were supposed to credit the account), They passed me back through to Customer Relations, who had the most helpful person, she went and found out everything as to why my connection has been running awful for 6 months.

I'm from the Telford area (TF7) aka Midlands, back in March there was an upgrade on the IVR I think she stated, which allowed more people on the network for the 10mb connection, but after that June time, they started the upgrades again for the roll out service of the 20mb which she said

"Through-out the day your connection will never achieve above 2mb, were limiting everyone to 2mb through-out the day until we get the 20mb roll out completed"

Because I'm from the Midlands, this isn't being completed until the end of August according to themselves as well as the website.

They suggested that it would make sense to downgrade to the 2mb service, and pay £10 /month until the upgrades and the connection can handle the 20mb service, she also stated that the traffic management system is only in-place to allow everyone a fair share of the internet while the systems are being upgraded.. so hopefully after the 20mb is around the country they won't need to shape the connection.

Once again thanks to the people that I spoke to @ VM, and thanks for saving me £27/month.

spankysmagicpian
25-06-2007, 14:54
Strange - it must be extra busy in your area. Still waiting in Manchester for 20Mb but my connection is still fine on 10mb in the day. Glad you found the answer out though.

Fenlock
25-06-2007, 15:03
So she said that virgin are limiting people not yet on 20mb to 2mb?

It kind of fits with the speeds people have been reporting on single thread downloads..

On the other hand she might of just been good at telling you what you want to hear.. look at it from this point of view - has it helped you? no. She has just given you some sort of explanation for why your connection has been bad for the last few months. She was not able to "fix" your connection - the only thing she could offer you was a downgrade to the speed tier you have reported being able to achieve.

Sounds like she was a good CSR, but other than that not much new here.

v0id
25-06-2007, 15:06
"Through-out the day your connection will never achieve above 2mb, were limiting everyone to 2mb through-out the day until we get the 20mb roll out completed"

I'm able to and DO achieve a constant 10 Meg "throughout the day", so by everyone is the lovely CS rep just referring to the Telford area? :confused:

CraigT
25-06-2007, 15:11
Wolverhampton here as well UBR06 and never have a problem with 10mb either :D

myriauk
25-06-2007, 15:29
I'm on the ubr04, why I know that it didn't fix the problem, I appreciated the fact that she told me the information that I wasn't getting before, which is why there is a problem

v0id
25-06-2007, 18:27
Wolverhampton here as well UBR06 and never have a problem with 10mb either :D

It's a great UBR isn't it :D

Efour
26-06-2007, 12:02
VM cable lottery £37 quid a ticket!

roll up roll up !