PDA

View Full Version : Cable duct full of water

robjw
24-06-2007, 20:55
Does this look right to you??

As you can see the T-Cover doesn't fit properly as the cable comes straight out of it.

You can see that there's a little bit of water in there ;) Unfortunately, there's a hidden drainpipe under the stone that exits right there into the cable duct. You can also see that the cable has some slight damage because the cover has been forced on by the installer's boot :)

That's an over all shot. I didn't realise how unattractive the front of my house was :D I'm only renting for now though so nothing to do with me!

I'm not quite sure why I'm posting but I thought some of the engineers on here might be interested. I'm guessing the ground around the duct access point should normally be cut away or something?? Is it particularly bad that I'm filling the network with water?? :) When it rains hard all the water from my roof gets dumped down there. I half expect T-covers all down the street to pop up and start spewing water!

Comments encouraged!

Nedkelly
24-06-2007, 21:11
With all the rain we have had the ducts will be full but after a while the water will go as some of the pits should have soakaways (depending on aeras ) :)

robjw
24-06-2007, 21:13
With all the rain we have had the ducts will be full but after a while the water will go as some of the pits should have soakaways (depending on aeras ) :)

Ahh that makes sense. I did notice that the level tends to drop in the warmer weather!