PDA

View Full Version : Back problem

Alien
24-06-2007, 21:38
I get this prob with my back every now & then, & I was just wondering if it sounds familiar to anyone [especially Rammy], & if there's anything I could do to make it go away/get better more quickly in future.

I get this feeling like someone's hit me between the shoulder blades. Not so much the sort of pain you'd have from the impact itself, but more like when you've had the wind knocked out of you, as when it's at its worst breathing in normally, or deeply, can be somewhat uncomfortable.

The most recent occurance was yesterday, & I think it was partly caused by stress, so maybe it's a muscle that goes into spasm or something? :confused:

papa smurf
24-06-2007, 21:48
i get the same thing ,and i put it down to stress,feels like notts in the muscles ,and makes breathing hard ,i just lay down and try to relax

Ramrod
24-06-2007, 22:05
I get this prob with my back every now & then, & I was just wondering if it sounds familiar to anyone [especially Rammy], & if there's anything I could do to make it go away/get better more quickly in future. Go see a chiropractor or BSO osteopath....

I get this feeling like someone's hit me between the shoulder blades. Not so much the sort of pain you'd have from the impact itself, but more like when you've had the wind knocked out of you, as when it's at its worst breathing in normally, or deeply, can be somewhat uncomfortable.If it's a nice simple thoracic hypomobility with associated myospasm problem (and it might not be--but probably is) then competent spinal manipulation should clear that up fairly quickly. :)

The thing is, you need a decent case history and examination to tell.....

Alien
24-06-2007, 23:13
Go see a chiropractor or BSO osteopath....
I had a feeling you'd say something like that. :) I was thinking more along the lines of some sort of exercise or whatever that I could do myself. I'm not sure I'd be happy having someone "poking & prodding" me.

If it's a nice simple thoracic hypomobility with associated myospasm problem (and it might not be--but probably is) then competent spinal manipulation should clear that up fairly quickly. :)

The thing is, you need a decent case history and examination to tell.....
I have no idea what that lot means, but I trust your opinion. :)

When it gets bad painkillers do help somewhat, & my massager gizmo [has a hinge in the middle so that I can do my back with it] provides temporary relief, & it does go away eventually, though sometimes that can take a few days. The main reason I was thinking it might be caused [or at leased aggravated] by stress is that, as I mentioned previously, it happened yesterday but after a nice long chin-wag with Dilli on the phone I was feeling a lot more chilled out & my back felt a lot better.

multiskilled
25-06-2007, 00:51
It could be just indigestion does it feel like you swallowing a banana whole (nothing rude intended), try something like Rennies It's cheaper than a chiro if it doesn't work.

Alien
25-06-2007, 07:14
No, it's not indigestion. I'm [unfortunately] quite familiar with indigestion, in its various guises, & it's nothing like the problem in question.

Ramrod
25-06-2007, 09:40
I had a feeling you'd say something like that. :) I was thinking more along the lines of some sort of exercise or whatever that I could do myself. I'm not sure I'd be happy having someone "poking & prodding" me.
The problem is that you need an accurate diagnosis in order for me to even begin prescribing exercises (and the research for the effectiveness of back exercises is sketchy to say the least).
See if you can persuade your GP to send you to the physio....?